Views: 35189|Replies: 134

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-20 23:46:06 |Display all floors
Sunday, January 20, 2008, fine

After the winter jasmines bloom, flowers come one after another. The following are peach flowers with which everybody is familiar, so I won’t describe any more. I have an urge to show you the beautiful crabapple. About five crabapple trees are lined around the cypresses. They are not so tall and thick as the cypresses. Their stems are just ten cm in diameter, so the branches are much thinner, but they stretch out as far as possible. Around June their flower buds begin to appear here and there. With time passing on, they cover the trees completely. In the first place, they are small and look red. While they grow a little bigger, their colour fades a little and appears light pink which is most attractive, I think, and makes me remember the Chinese idiom “hanbaoyufang”. In full bloom, they become white with a little pink, as if grinning at you and inviting you. (Writing here, I can’t help smiling.) No one can resist coming close to admire them. People hurry to take photoes of them for fear that they will disappear overnight. Fortunately, I took some. I’d like to share with you. Then you’ll understand my feeling.
DSCN1208.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 14:14:42 |Display all floors
Beautiful scenery!

I have seen this article for the fifth time, what's the matter?

And haven;t seen u for a long time, where have u gone?

Busy preparing for the coming Spring Festival?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 22:48:52 |Display all floors
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
It seems ages since I posted the last thread. Because I didn’t see it after posting, I felt frustrated. I had thought that I was not allowed to write here any more, but I didn’t know why. So I guessed maybe it’s because of my poor command of English or else.

After thinking it over, I begin to understand that my topic is too long and it occupies too much space of the memory, which is unfair to all of you. Therefore, I’d like to start from beginning and hope to meet you who care about me here more often. I am truly honored by the kindness and attention you have shown me today. Thank you.

The Spring Festival is on its way. Everybody is busy preparing for it and eager to reunite with their family. Hope everybody has a happy get-together. Now I’d like to thank the moderators here from the bottom of my heart. Because of their hard work, we can communicate with each other as we like. Words cannot express how grateful I am to them all. Wish them a very pleasant Spring Festival.

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2008-1-30 10:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-1 22:00:35 |Display all floors
Friday, February 01, 2008

As I described above, there are many beautiful flowers on the campus in spring. Today I will show you the single lilac, which grows on the opposite of the crabapples. Compared with its bright neighbours, it appears smaller and less attractive. But it blooms as well, and never gives up. The buds looks pink, which are the most attractive, I think. After blossoming, the petals turn white while the calyxes turn light purple. Looking at it will not only give you eyes a good view but a complete relax. What attracts me most is its marvelous perfum, which is light sweet. Standing near it, you can not resist it, especially when it breezes against you. Every time I admire it, I can’t help thinking that everything has its advantage no matter how common it is.

Look, here it is. Next spring, I'll take more pictures of it for you.
DSCN1218.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 09:49:03 |Display all floors
Do you start a new thread here ,holly?No matter where and what reason I'll give you a support!  cos I'm one of your loyal readers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 09:54:53 |Display all floors
It seems I have never seen it before.
Wow, it looks good.
Thanks for sharing with us.
:)
Keep smiling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 22:03:15 |Display all floors
Saturday, February 02, 2008, fine

Hello, xunhuan - In the beginning, I thought I would stick to writing my diary in order to set a new record in the Guinness Book of World Records. But now considering that my diary will take much space here which belongs to all of us, I’d like to give up what I have posted before so that we all can surf Chinadaily BBS quickly. However, I’ll keep on writing. Thank you all for your attention.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.