Views: 13239|Replies: 49

A fair salary in big Chinese cities [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-17 10:46:00 |Display all floors
What do you think is a fair salary in big Chinese cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou to give you a decent life? Please share your opinions with us.
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
5.41% (2)
8.11% (3)
13.51% (5)
16.22% (6)
56.76% (21)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 12:02:44 |Display all floors

Reply #1 chinadaily's post

I'd like to vote for the higher salaries but that'd mean I condone the effect of this, which would be inflation, which would in turn, make life harder for all the street cleaners, security guards, gardeners and the countless other menial occupations which get paid little to nothing and already live marginal lives!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 12:59:03 |Display all floors
i voted for more.

If i have a house, i think i would vote 5000-6000, that will provide me a quite comfortable life. But if i am going to buy a house in the future, 6000-7000 will be far from enough as the house pirce is just too high.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 13:01:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2008-1-17 10:46
What do you think is a fair salary in big Chinese cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou to give you a decent life? Please share your opinions with us.

i would suggest to include say Ececutive level, Senior......

or Managerial level.............

to make it more meaningful

Who volunteers for less money.............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 14:10:20 |Display all floors
Tough one... I didn't vote because there are so many different jobs.

What's minimum wage? ~1000/month?

For people starting out, I think 3000-4000 is a realistic starting salary. You can have a small apartment on your own or share to save more money. But if you've been working somewhere a long time of course you should work your way up. So.... I'm not sure how to answer. Plus I'm not chinese, so my expenses and future plans are not the same.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 16:31:28 |Display all floors
I' am sorry to tell you that the starting salary for tax is 2000RMB in China now.
It should be more choices for high salary for the big cities in the vote.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-1-17 16:45:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by adamcn at 2008-1-17 17:31
I' am sorry to tell you that the starting salary for tax is 2000RMB in China now.
It should be more choices for high salary for the big cities in the vote.

For a young newcomer with a university degree and decent knowledge of English an amount of CNY 3,000 to max. 4,000. For an experienced staff, somebody who is married and is the only provider for his family I believe that CNY 6,000 to max. CNY 7,000 is ok. On top of it (in both cases) meal allowance, commuting allowance and housing allowance as well as a performance related annual one time payment.

The whole package (excl. the performance part) should be payable 13 times p.a.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.