Views: 3414|Replies: 6

how deeply do you know about sherry? let's talk about it [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-12 00:41:25 |Display all floors
recently, I falled in love with sherry. I think it's delicious. but I don't know it.

do you know? can you introduce it for us? how can we identify if a bottle of red wine is good or not?

share your experience!

thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-12 00:48:02 |Display all floors

Reply #1 tenson520's post

Sherry is too sweet for me, I like Port much more.

Sherry is made in England and was created because the Portuguese Government made "Port" a copyrighted product and unless the product is made in Portugal it is not real Port.

In retaliation, the English govt. provided monetary incentives to anyone that could approximate Port, but the closest they could come was Sherry. It didn't matter though because the English palate seemed more attuned to the sugary sweetness of Sherry and so it became a success - (sorry about the next, no offense intended) - among older English ladies and young girls because of it's sweetness.

[ Last edited by canchin at 2008-1-12 12:50 AM ]
great_port.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-12 11:29:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tenson520 at 2008-1-12 00:41
recently, I falled in love with sherry. I think it's delicious. but I don't know it.

do you know? can you introduce it for us? how can we identify if a bottle of red wine is good or not?

shar ...

A wine is ''good'' if it is one that you enjoy.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-12 21:31:19 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-12 23:10:39 |Display all floors

Reply #5 seneca's post

If you don't drink sherry, why did you insult the poster?

How can one drink a rose? I thought a rose was a flower? Are you an idiot?

What is a vening? Are you just learning English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-13 01:07:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-12 21:51

You fell in love with 'Sherry' - I assumed (initially and erroneously) 'Sherry' was a girl...

Then I saw the word "wine"...

Then I realised you were asking how people know which ...

hi, man, since you don't drink this kind of beverage, how do you know so much about wine?
anyway, thank you so much for your sharing.
i don't know the floor 6 man's question either, can you explain it for me? thanks again!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-13 01:09:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-1-12 00:48
Sherry is too sweet for me, I like Port much more.

Sherry is made in England and was created because the Portuguese Government made "Port" a copyrighted product and unless the product  ...

hi canchin, thanks for your wonderful story about wine. you are a real fan of wine.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.