Views: 31413|Replies: 108

Secret behind China's growth [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-8 10:41:51 |Display all floors
2008 is the 30th anniversary of China's reform and opening up started by late leader Deng Xiaoping. China has undergone trenmendous changes in the past 20 years. The economy is registering double-digit growth and people's lives has improved a lot. Political reform is also underway. The overall strength of the Chinese nation skyrocketed.

What do you think are the key reasons behind China's growth? Stability, leadership of the Party and the government, efficiency of the current system, or other factors. Please share your opinion with us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 10:56:51 |Display all floors
why so many reports and articles on this issue???

Why don't you concern about workers' and farmers' income?

By the way, i'm Chinese, firstly, i'm glad to hear it, but, i'm sorry to say that i'm undering  more heavy pressure than before

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 21:11:21 |Display all floors

The "secret"

is China's people.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 21:14:56 |Display all floors
Right guideline and policy..
People's wisdom, diligence, commitment.....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 21:16:31 |Display all floors
wayves. Good answer.

Hard working people who rarely complain.
They just get the job done.
Strong government that seem to be doing a pretty bloody good job overall.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 21:50:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wayves at 2008-1-8 21:11
The "secret"

is China's people.   

Accurate as always wayves.

Slow, steady progress is always the key. Examining the errors that had been made and dealing them when the time is right and not just as knee-jerk reactions because someone with an ax to grind demands "this one must be changed now because I demand it" or "that one must be changed now because I demand it" and of course the always popular "don't work on that problem now because it isn't important to me, work on the problem I want you to work on."

One can't deny the progress China has made over the last 20 years. Well, I guess that is not completely accurate because there are of course that want to deny it because their pet peeve wasn't dealt with first.

But China's people keep on moving forward, changing their nation into a far better nation than many others.

As Grandpa Deng said "It will be necessary for some to be first so that others can follow them, because without some getting there first there will not be anyplace for others to journey to."

I'm looking forward greatly to the next 20 years - 20 years within which China's political system will not change; but it will be further developed; 20 years within which the wealth that used to be in only a couple of cities spreads even further into other parts of the nation; 20 years within which China will continue to work towards improving every aspect.

Now, if we could only convince some other countries to do the same for their people; or for the people in some other countries to realize that they and their country are suffering badly because they have changed nothing and done nothing about their numerous problems.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 21:51:28 |Display all floors
""" As Grandpa Deng said "It will be necessary for some to be first so that others can follow them, because without some getting there first there will not be anyplace for others to journey to."

Ahhh Deng had the vision, that's for sure.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.