Author: changzhou007

Small things here and there [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-25 09:22:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by marya1003 at 2008-1-24 16:35
Actually, the first time i paid attention to u is because of your name which includes 007 , later I find that what you said is really  helpful. I appreciate your writing talent  very much. I think one can not write good article if he/she does not has enough life experience.

Why do u choose such a name, do u do the same job as Sherlock Holmes or u just like him very much?

marya1003, hmmm... the first sight counts :) and the first impression sticks in our memory, although the real beauty lays beneath the surface and unfolding ...

When your question reached my eyes, my first reaction was that I would tell you when the time is ripe, and then the second thought came up, "why not now?"

Changzhou is my great grandma's hometown where I have never been, and she told us many stories took place there many, many years ago, scenes of streets and festivals.  the story of Lantern Festival (posting #9 in this thread) was one of them. as for 007, I was thrilled by the movie series, James Bond, when I was at the age of chasing stars.

I like to read and watch  Sherlock Holmes stories, one of my favorite is the Hound of  Baskervilles. I can't see any strong link between Sherlock Holmes and me though one common thing is both of us having a job title as a consultant, his was private detective consultant and mine is a simple consultant with a global consulting firm having clients around the world. My work assignments have taken me to many places.

We don't have to have a lot of life experiences to write, we can sketch a colorful sunset, recall the small talk at lunch, capture a bargain in the market. Or why not tell us a bit about yourself? like, what are your favorite movies and songs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 11:06:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-24 17:40
No kidding at all... Besides, I hold that your classmates are right.... You're a gifed guy not only in English... If my memory serves, you're also a good football player, right ?

I'm waiting to the blockbuster of yours....  

Wow, your great expectation from me is way too nigh! Hey, brother, don't set someone  up too high, he may fall down hard and crash on the ground. Besides, I am one of the common folks, just like you coming here to share something.

Yeah, as an outdoor guy, I love football and hope we will have a chance to play on the same football pitch someday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 11:13:15 |Display all floors
fresh_air,

Quote from your posting: "Maybe a gifted writer and talker can make the one be a gifted reader and listener."

That is a very good point. Yeah, there is a strong link (or correlation, a big word, uh?) between talking and listening. The link will be weaken and then broken as one party is lagging behind or walking away.  No wonder, need two for tango.:)

Quote: "But one thing is for sure, the farther and longer we are running, the more colorful and brilliant life we would like to be..."

You put it nicely and it is very encouraging, like a push to move forward when we are standing still too long, like a wakeup call when we are sleeping till the sun hanging over our head.

Quote: "if not attacked by the realistic world, how could understand how much efforts to make and then can running farther. If dream not ever falling down the cliff, hang by a hair, how could know to be a clinging one"

Hmmm, this paragraph is packed with wisdom, like a poem, like a landscape painting, as if I could see the ocean waves slamming the cliffs, crashing and roaring, turning into white foams ...  and you were climbing up the cliff ...   

Keep it up ... hmmm... it is my turn to listen ... yep, i am listening ...  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 11:19:58 |Display all floors
Indeed you deserve the compliments from your readers...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 13:20:36 |Display all floors
We don't have to have a lot of life experiences to write, we can sketch a colorful sunset, recall the small talk at lunch, capture a bargain in the market. Or why not tell us a bit about yourself? like, what are your favorite movies and songs?

I have to say it is really a great joy to read your words. Talking about James Bond and Sherlock Holmes, I also like the movie series as well as the story of Sherlock Holmes. I should say I once did the same job as Sherlock Holmes, I once worked in an investigation agency, only for a short time. It was an  interesting experience.

I like music but I'm not good at singing, so I never consider to be a singer    I like the song Yesterday Once Morevery much. The first time I heard it was in my senior middle school. One evening when we were having the evening class, the light went out. Then our English teacher suggested us to sing songs. One of our classmates volunteered to sing the song Yesterday Once More. The moment I heard it , I began to like it, the beautiful thyme went straight into my heart .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 13:26:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 14:39:48 |Display all floors
Changzhou is my great grandma's hometown where I have never been, and she told us many stories took place there many, many years ago, scenes of streets and festivals.  the story of Lantern Festival (posting #9 in this thread) was one of them.

When u have time, do go to Changzhou and have a look since it is your great grandmother's hometown.

You must be an excellent consultant since u have given us so many helpful advice and suggestions

You have been to many places in the world, I admire u very much, I wish I could go to a lot of places to have a look

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.