Author: chinadaily

Member of the Year, 2007  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-30 04:54:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-12-29 21:42
I want to thank the following members in alphabetical order
amyamy  for her friendly  answers to my threads
cyberspook for his pms to give me advice when I was in need
changzhou007 for his  opti ...

Hey xilaren thank you for mentioning me.Most people should have forgotten the chef of florence.
We talk about you with my wife.Viva Grecia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 05:01:19 |Display all floors

What are you cheering for ?

Dear chinadaily,

You will need to spell out what qualities and performance the forumites are supposed to be assessing in nominating who for what . Selecting a "  Member of the Year 2007 " is too vague I am afraid .  There should be categories too to be fair and complete .

An encouraging award for a Chinese who has improved his/ her English during the course of the year .

A consistently objective and educational poster .

A foreigner who has shown friendship and improved knowledge of China and Chinese affairs .

Those are just some thoughts .   

PS : I am NOT pushing any barrow for myself because I know I fail in all the three categories I have just nominated .  Good luck .

I wish to nominate wchao for extensive knowledge and grasp of events .  I nominate zglobal for unusual insight into Chinese affairs. Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 08:01:16 |Display all floors
I choose Mark Wu, Changabula, Northwest, mengzhi and tongluren -- not necessarily in that order -- for making the most contributions to our forum.

A second string of names would include caringhk, caringhk and caringhk and his smilies.

Ghosts of that ghost of that ghost of that ghost shouldn't be allowed to choose himself.

My AK-47 isn't posted here for no reason.  Anyone who votes for a g of a g of a g of a g will become a g.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 08:14:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-12-30 07:01
An encouraging award for a Chinese who has improved his/ her English during the course of the year .

A foreigner who has shown friendship and improved knowledge of China and Chinese affairs .

On the basis of Mengzhi's criteria:

Northwest, purely by default, I mean he can't have got worse, surely.

Seneca, praise where it's due, criticism where it's due. Not driven by ideology.

A foreigner who has shown friendship and improved knowledge of China and Chinese affairs.
Zglobal, for uncritically hopping aboard !

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-12-30 10:16 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 08:16:24 |Display all floors

Reply #24 mengzhi's post

I appreciate the gesture, mengzhi.

But frankly, I'd rather not be nominated for anything.

I'd like to be quietly leaving someday like Madame Wu Yi will, because I know my days here are numbered.  There are forces working at my back -- dark forces.

And like she says, she doesn't even want to be remembered.

My satisfaction comes from the process of bringing the kid up from infancy to maturity -- in this case the kid is CD, and not in how much the kid can repay me.

You have only one life to give -- in my case in this forum I have been given the opportunity to explain our motherland to foreigners and foreign nations to our people -- what more can one ask for?

Again, please don't vote for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 08:38:33 |Display all floors

and the envelope, pleazeee...

howdy, all--i thought i was the WINNER for this prestigious award from CHINAdaily WITHOUT reading the rest of the contents...oops!  so embarrass
but i would like 2 vote 4 the TOP FIVE contenders for their contribution & make a different in CD-forum (knowledge, writing style, sense of humor).  and the WINNERS are :

a-mengzhi
b-markwu
c-interesting
d-satsu_jin
e-emucentral

*i DON'T really care who comes first or second...but the REAL WINNER (you know WHO that is, right...just keep it 2 yourself ) is YOU, b/c all of us here participating HERE eve'ryday (that sounds just like ME; i'm online 24/7 with CD-bbs more than i do work at the office  ;P ;P ) if we don't have place 2 go or somethin'  ;P ;P .  anyway, i think i deserve to name the "personality of the year" (i dunno how prestige this award is or not but i want it to show it to my mom  ;P;P) award for monitoring the forum closely beside the moderators!  ;P;P
world_baseball_classic_trophy.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-30 08:40:35 |Display all floors

A brilliant post, straight from the heart.

Everyone deserves this title and if i put in the names, this would be a very long post.

The greatness of China has indeed rubbed onto everyone here.

Because of everyone's contributions and no matter what flavour they took, the whole has become bigger than the sum of its parts.

In this forum, humanity has surfaced with incandescent intelligence.

You all deserve this title.

[ Last edited by markwu at 2007-12-30 11:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.