Author: tongluren

They're So Dumb To Begin With, Nobody Will Tell The Difference [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-26 16:53:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2007-11-26 10:32
Yet when the opportunity presents itself, when DC & the Neocons have proven to be the worst imperialists (this according to the UK archbishop) in human history, ...


The reports I've read of what Rowan Williams said do not quote him saying anything of the sort.

What he did allege was that the Americans were worse than the British colonial powers.

Now I am not fan of US foreign policy, but since the Brits were rather benign compared to many other European and Asian colonial powers, calling the septics worse than the Brits could be considered a compliment, compared to some of the alternatives !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-26 16:54:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2007-11-26 10:32
Yet when the opportunity presents itself, when DC & the Neocons have proven to be the worst imperialists (this according to the UK archbishop) in human history, ...


The reports I've read of what Rowan Williams said do not quote him saying anything of the sort.

What he did allege was that the Americans were worse than the British colonial powers.

Now I am not fan of US foreign policy, but since the Brits were rather benign compared to many other European and Asian colonial powers, calling the septics worse than the Brits could be considered a compliment, compared to some of the alternatives !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-26 17:10:39 |Display all floors
Man, you are  "So Dumb To Begin With, Nobody Will Tell The Difference" between you and a brain damaged idiot:

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-11-26 16:54
but since the Brits were rather benign compared to many other European and Asian colonial powers


Still trying to cover up British atrocities and holocausts, emu?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-26 17:12:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2007-11-26 00:48
but the majority of American soldiers do not have the blind devotion necessary to commit those levels of attrocities.


Oh yes they do!

Is that not the reason that the Pentagon put a ban on all news media and reporters?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2007-11-27 01:10:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-11-26 04:12


Oh yes they do!

Is that not the reason that the Pentagon put a ban on all news media and reporters?

Actually I think they have done this for another reason, though it is still a despicable one. Bush claims that the U.S. is in Iraq to help establish our "brand" of democracy.... but if U.S. news crews were on the ground, they would see a far different picture. Raiding people's houses without warrants, grabbing people off the street for questioning, the actual opinons of the people there we are so called "helping", etc.

If the people in the U.S. regularly saw what Bush thinks of as democracy, more Americans would demand the return of our troops.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-27 17:00:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2007-11-27 01:10
Actually I think they have done this for another reason, though it is still a despicable one. Bush claims that the U.S. is in Iraq to help establish our "brand" of democracy.... but if U.S. news crews were on the ground, they would see a far different picture. Raiding people's houses without warrants, grabbing people off the street for questioning, the actual opinons of the people there we are so called "helping", etc.


Good to see an honest point of view for a change.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-11-28 07:36:35 |Display all floors

You must be joking?

quote: "Put away the propaganda for a moment and trully look at the implecation of your words. If what you say is true, why would a great nations like China sit idly back and do business with the U.S.. Why would the peace loving nations of the world not bring charges forward in the world court?"unqoute.

But then again you refuse to believe the reality of the inflitration of western government by Zionist agents don't you. (yes I know - you will see this as an attack on the followers of the Jewish religion - that is why you can't see the real problem - either that or you are a part of the machinery).

The creation of organisation such as the IMF/World Bank/United Nations/NATO to mention just a few have placed the US above and beyond any attempts to bring it to heel - simply note the aggressive stance and refusal to adhere to any form of International Court by the US and Israel - simply observe how many UN sanctions Israel has heeded - the answer to why the US has not been brought to heel is there.

Add to that, it holds the largest arsenal of weapons of mass destruction, control of financial markets, control over the flow of oil to those who do not have it - and you have the reason why it steamrolls over others and ignores all pleas for restraint or sanity.

As the colonial empires of others were pulled from under their feet the US moved in and secured control of many of the commodities that were being sucked out by the former colonial powers - building the largest reserves of gold and forcing others to do its will.

Rather than seeing Changs words as propaganda you have used the term to hide behind - just as you use the terms "anti-Semitic" to hide behind - are you really so naive or are you paid to present a jaundiced view?
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.