Author: mark069

Piracy off Somalian Coast [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-1 11:02:45 |Display all floors
They're not very inconvenient. The US had to stand up to perhaps the worst regime in human history, the Soviet Union, without being able to actually declare a war and get it over with (because of nukes). That's not a simple or morally easy task, fighting a cold war for 50 years. There will be casualties. Tell me, would you rather have China look like Soviet Russia right now?

I thought not. Thank the US, but for its policies, you would probably have starved to death as an infant.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 11:11:44 |Display all floors
Interesting, you are a real arrogant American.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 11:41:29 |Display all floors
I am real, I can be arrogant and I am American. That has nothing to do with the issue, however. The US was engaged in a protracted, complex, high-stakes struggle with one of the most monstrous regimes (the Soviet Union) the world has ever known.

I'm certain that you don't start rushing to the barricades over dirty tricks the Chinese used to repel the Japanese or that the Qing used to keep Europeans from taking chunks rather than crumbs of Chinese territory. I also doubt you view China's entry into the Korean War against UN forces as bad, even though it had essentially the same logic of maintaining security against a perceived, imminent threat. It's just another double standard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 15:03:52 |Display all floors

Bozo is interesting .

Originally posted by dolphin123 at 2007-11-1 11:11
Interesting, you are a real arrogant American.

Dear dolphin,

You are relatively new here and I welcome you . Please don't be alarmed or angered by the likes of " interesting " aka " scribe " aka  ....... He has reincarnated himself many a time because he could never debate or survive the onslaught from fellow forumites.  He is all puffed up , huffed up but with no where to go. He chest thumps and do a Jungle Jim  " me Tarzan " imitation but delivers nothing .

He is a blinkered to blind American apologist who struggle to find something ( anything ) nice to say about this dastardly Dubya regime but he cannot .Thus the bombast and the brag. Just like a spoiled little kid in the school yard . Be amused by bemused by him , but never be angered . He is not worth it . Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 15:11:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 20:27:36 |Display all floors
So, ZG, please explain where the American interests are involved and the story is not likewise consistent with the one I've already given?

It sure looks like the standard Cold War story explains far more US actions than the self-interest model.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-1 20:41:44 |Display all floors
Actually, I've not said anything nice about Bush, nor tried. Another lie from Mengzhi, not that it is unexpected.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.