Post time 2007-10-22 00:57:50 |Display all floors

The rule of thumb is...

0 to 5 years - excellent

5 to 10 years - good :)

10 to 15 years - not so good

15 to 20 years - getting a bit creepy

20 or more years - GOLDDIGGING!!!!!
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 08:38:36 |Display all floors

to #15

Agreed. So, wait, you too think it's creepy that chairman says he'd never marry any girl over the age of 21?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 09:07:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-10-20 21:46
Look at this news..
85-year-old Nobel laureate Yang: 'Young wife makes me younger'
BEIJING - Chinese-American Nobel laureate of physics Yang Zhenning said to Xinhua his wife Weng Fan, 54 years hi ...

hehe...

shelly...

maybe it's right...

you know, if you always play with kids, you will feel that you are younger even a kid....

so, maybe that 85-years old man only wanna the feeling for younger...and his woman only wanna money...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 09:18:30 |Display all floors
I seem to remember reading a story about a significant number of marriages even in the 1980's between young women and elderly veterans of the Long March.

The explanation was that being a Long March Veteran was seen by some young babes as a significant attraction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 12:40:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-10-20 21:46

Strectching the law of an energy balance a bit farther, the older is getting younger :) as the younger getting older.

For whatever reason, the Chinese government had picked Dr. Yang as some sort of role model, and given him the fame completely out of proportion.

I have  gone to UC Berkeley campus to take a few courses (part time) for fun and my own career for the past two years, and passing by the building of department of Physics, which is shabby and common, where Yang had been teaching for many years.

As far as I have known, the Nobel Prize recipients are common folks in USA, especially in the San Francisco Bay area, there have been around one hundred the Nobel Prize recipients who have been lived and taught in this area (on and off) since 1993s.

Hmmm, let's get back to the point, it seems that two lost souls, one lost a young husband, another lost an almost life-long wife, have been bumping into each other, and the sparks jumped and crossed each other ...

Extraordinary, but beyond my comprehension rationally ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 13:35:54 |Display all floors
YEs, old men FEEL young around young people. Old men feel young dating young women. It's on psychological effect if young people don't treat the old men like handicapped or sturborn old fart.

Treat old people like a friend will be enough to make them FEEL young. No matter he's your husband , father or neighbour.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 13:42:32 |Display all floors

both of them get what they want

but i will never do that no matter what i can get,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.