Author: cestmoi

Australian racism turns into "bloodlust" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-22 09:42:29 |Display all floors

to #35

Out of curiosity, if the Aussies (and presumably other Western countries that you love to hate) are treating African refugees so badly, why don't you suggest that China start to take them in? From what I understand, China currently doesn't take in any refugees of non-Chinese descent--if the Chinese are so good at treating everyone else so much better than any other country, why doesn't the CCP allow in non-Chinese refugees?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 10:42:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-10-22 09:42
Out of curiosity, if the Aussies (and presumably other Western countries that you love to hate) are treating African refugees so badly, why don't you suggest that China start to take them in? From  ...

Mengzhi is Chinese in name only. In substance, she is very much a left-wing Australian. She lives in Australia, and probably relies on the funding of the Australian government for her job. Cesmoi lives in Malaysia and probably tried to get into Australia but was refused.

Most Chinese aren’t too fond of refugees at all. The Chinese that go abroad and claim to be refugees give their homeland a bad name. For example, there was a media campaign in Australia recently supporting a Chinese man who claimed he was persecuted for cutting the hair of people from Tibet. He was returned to China, and the refugee support group was all concerned because they hadn't heard from him. Due to such people, honest Chinese find it difficult to get visas just to travel. Understandably, they get a bit annoyed.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 18:09:46 |Display all floors

Listen very carefully .

* sockmonkey,     You are surely aware that China has the biggest population on earth : 1,300,000,000 ( 1.3 billion ) people . China does NOT need nor want any more mouths to feed. Whether China can treat hypothetical asylum seekers well or not is debatable . In any case how would this affect the punishing and unfair treatment that is being metered out to the African asylum seekers in Australia ?

* trip trip trip ,   You must really learn to debate and focus on a subject , and not the man (  woman ). I do not advise a detective career for you because you cannot even guess my gender right ( 1 out of 2 )! What evidence or suggestions did you work out that I am a " she " ?  With the pasting you get from me, I would suggest that it is a little less embarrassing  to be pulverized by an man than a woman , don't you  ?

As I was saying . The minister of immigration being " bemused " as these disadvantaged refugees are being harassed , bashed and killed is not a good look mate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 05:23:43 |Display all floors

to #38

If China doesn't need or want more mouths to feed, why is it so upset when its students and workers leave the country and don't come back? Even if they're losing some brain power, by your argument, shouldn't they be glad that it's just that many fewer people to care for?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 08:28:02 |Display all floors
ok it seems that I was wrong , there has been new DNA evidence to refute the previous DNA based conclusion that the Aboriginal was in fact  a migrant from Asia , now it seems that there is a confirmed DNA link placing the origin of the Australian Aboriginal  back a further 150,000.00 years from the original 50,000.00 years and to have originated in Africa ,

SYDNEY: Australian Aborigines descend from the same lineage as the first modern humans to migrate from Africa, DNA analysis has confirmed. The find is a further blow to the idea that the evolution of indigenous Australians was marked by many migrations from Asia.

"We wanted to know whether the same 'Out-of-Africa' migration that was responsible for founding the gene pools of Eurasia was also the basis for Australia's population… or were there several separate migrations?" said study co-author and evolutionary biologist Toomas Kivisild, of the University of Cambridge in England.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 09:29:40 |Display all floors

A tangled mass.

# 39 Dear sockmonkey,

Your self entanglement is a sight to behold. We started with Australia's ill treatment of African asylum seekers , you insist that China could not do better any way , I said China does not have refugees to compare because China has too many people already and now you advocate that the cream of Chinese scholars can be lost without grief or sadness.   I worry about the education that you have had and the fact that you are a teacher !?

China looks after her OWN very well . Her youngest and brightest are her future and anyone who is groomed and trained overseas should come home to help and contribute to China. This is so removed from the dastardly deeds done in Australia to the accepted African refugees I am shocked but not surprised that you care to put them in the same basket.  I pity and worry about your students.  Poor buggers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 09:44:31 |Display all floors
Never said I was a teacher, meng--in fact, I only just finished college. I'm just saying that by your logic (which you had to specify), you think China can use fewer mouths to feed, which is why China doesn't allow in refugees. While I'm sure that's part of the reason, you made it sound like it was the only one.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.