Author: cestmoi

Australian racism turns into "bloodlust" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-21 06:39:35 |Display all floors

Australian tolerance is conditional

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-10-20 15:07
Another day another scalp on the alter of racial hatred and bias in Australia. Emu and his ilk are silent on the issue  but have plenty to say about my gender and my " emotion ". The foru ...

Mengzhi, white Australians are the most tolerant and courteous people, to the point of sycophancy, towards immigrants from England and Ireland. White South Africans are also very welcome, especially those in the mining industry. They settled mainly in Western Australia. You see, they "fit in" whereas others don't "fit in". Question is, whether white Australians "fit in" with a multi-cultural East Asia. Obviously they don't and I think it is time to give Howard's pack of hansonites some "hard love".
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-21 08:43:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-10-19 01:38

And with that, I backing away from this thread - 'cause o' Mengzhi is going to have one hell of a hissy fit.

We should call you Nostradamous. The hissy fit indeed eventuated.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-21 09:31:06 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by mengzhi at 17/10/2007 10:22 PM
#15 Reply to Emu,

Let me just remind those small but significant proportion of racist Anglos that the Aborigines were the first people of Australia , everyone else is a immigrant. If the Aborigines were to give marks for integration and compliance, the whites would have " gone back where they came from " a long time ago.

let me remind you that the aborigines were themselves imigrants you d*ckhead , they came to Australia from asia over the great land bridge , if you are going to remind someone of anything then at least make it fact .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-21 12:10:39 |Display all floors

Frying wok into fire.

#31 Reply cyberspook,

" d*ckhead " indeed ! Just look in the mirror mate. Such uncouth language and venom : most unbecoming of an educated adult value-laden Aussie . I'll tell Howard on you and you may be on the next plane home to mother England. Watch it .

So who preceded the Aborigines prior to the 60,000 years they have been on the continent then? Asians ? Chinese ? Then all latter comers should comply with the Chinese ethics , cultural norms and traditions, don't you think ? I am all for that , mate.

Ever heard of the saying " out of the frying pan into the fire " ? Sounds like Mr D*ickhead himself .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-21 14:54:29 |Display all floors

Do they feel very "Australian"?

Over the last 12 years, Australia's political landscape has tilted far to the right. The Howard government itself does not dispute it is a right wing, neo-conservative government. Unfortunately it is also a racist government, it stole Pauline Hanson's anti-Asian and anti-Aborigine platform and it inherited Bruce Ruxton's anti-Vietnamese legacy. This appeals to white Australia.

With each election, the Howard government tightens the racism ratchet a notch, and racist violence turns deadly. The infamous Cronulla Race Riots did not see anyone killed outright and white Australians saw it as an opportunity to put those people who do not fit into white Australia in their place.

How does one fit in with a violently racist white Australia if one is not white?

The Minister for Immigration, Mr Kevin Andrews, saw it as an opportunity for himself to rise above his predecessor, Mr Ruddock of the Tampa infamy. To do this, Andrews needed to incite a violence more vicious, more brutal and more deadly. He singled out Afro-Australians in general and Sudanese in particular. The result is predictable. A youth had his throat slashed and died. A second was beaten to death, a third was beaten badly and had to be hospitalised.

Unfortunately, the marginalised, ostracised and demonised Afro-Australia youths reacted by turning violent in their utter frustration. Wrong move! This is exactly the reaction that Kevin Andrews wanted to provoke: violence breeds violence.

The world protested. The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) protested, but Andrews was "bemused" by it all.

What white Australia has achieved is an underclass of citizenry. A class which was put in its place by white Australian violence. A class which now knows it can never, ever hope to be Australian because it is not white.

Howard's white Australia is not only racist, it is dehumanising and it will take a generation or more for the Afro-Australians to overcome this humiliation at the hands of violent white Australians.

Mr Kevin Andrews remains, todate, "bemused".

I wonder whether these kids feel very "Aussie"?
Australia's Untermensch.jpg
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-21 15:15:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-10-21 09:31
[quote]Originally posted by mengzhi at 17/10/2007 10:22 PM
#15 Reply to Emu,

Let me just remind those small but significant proportion of racist Anglos that the Aborigines were the first ...

Cynerspook, just to add to your points, It is not clear who the first humans were in Australia. There are two distinct skeletons in Australia history; the slender “Gracile” and the bigger boned “Robust.” In addition, there is the mystery of Mungo man whose DNA line became instinct and is not related to any human that left Africa in the last 200,000 years. There is even a possibility that homo erectus might have got to Australia. They were in Indonesia 800,000 years ago and since they had made it all the way from Africa, it is quite possible that they could have then made it to Australia.

I know that some people like to think Australia is a very isolated country but it really isn't very isolated at all. Multiple migrations are very likely to have occured which makes talking of "first Australians a bit silly. Even if you do go first Australians, does that mean we are meant to say English are "second" Australians and Asians "third"?
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 05:51:06 |Display all floors

Optimism around the corner.

#33 Reply to cestmoi ,

Your dark picture of the racial and political landscape is unfortunately all too true. I can vouch my first hand experience of some aspects of the plight of the African refugee arrivals in Australia because I have personally dealt with , walked with and supped with such families. The day to day discrimination by the public , in shops and at school . They way they are marginalized at Centrelink to the banks ,and by the government , put paid to that  " back the battler " Aussie value which little Johnny loves to brag.

Enough of the negatives. The positive is just round the corner. Little dishonest Johnny is getting ready to pack his pencils and his spare denture from his desk comes 24th Nov and make  a hasty retreat to his retirement .Australia cannot be any worse off whatever the new government may or may not do. Let us hope that some humanity and traces of dignity return for the African refugees  Down Under.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.