Author: animalfarmer

some opinions on writing in english language [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-15 15:20:49 |Display all floors

Write more

Unfortunately, the responses were few and far between, very discouraging ... sigh, feeling that my throat was drying up and my voice was fading away ...

Don't sigh, Changzhou, didn't you notice that the two of your posts have been read by many people, though many did not make a reply.

They are really helpful and I BELIEVE each person who has seen it will learn something

Audio books is a very helpful way indeed. And I remember one of our teachers in university suggested us to write more. As you write, you will consider how to organize each sentence, how to use each word, or which word is a better choice in a certain context, ect. Try a write a few lines in English everyday, it can do some help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-15 16:13:06 |Display all floors
This is a great stage to share our english learning experience.I am english major when I was studying.At that time,my teacher told us to recite the short article and do it  every day.Most of my classmates can not stick to do that.Actually,it is really hard for everybody.However, I do that.surprisingly,after a year,my english had improved greatly especially my spoken english.My experience is that there is a great number of sentences in my mind when I talk with others .Therefore,if you can persist in doing it,there is no doubt that your english would be good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 08:40:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by marya1003 at 2008-2-15 15:20
Don't sigh, Changzhou, didn't you notice that the two of your posts have been read by many people, though many did not make a reply.

They are really helpful and I BELIEVE each person who ha ...

Thank you for your feedbacks, which are kind and encouraging.:)

Rereading my post today, I don't know why I said so strongly, maybe I was frustrated and felling helpless for others. The funny thing is that I am not allowed to edit my own post any more.

And thing going from bad to worse, I am not allowed to put any new post in my own thread,  Easy Time 休闲英语» What are your favorite audio books (有声读物或书籍)?.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 08:43:01 |Display all floors
animalfarmer , thank you for reading my article, a writing lesson, aloud. That is an honor for me. :)The quality of the recording is pretty good and no background noises, and your narrative voice is fluent with American or Canadian accent in which I couldn't tell one from another.

BTW, that is a great site i would like to recommend,  Somehow i can not put the link here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 09:44:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2008-2-17 08:43
BTW, that is a great site i would like to recommend,  Somehow i can not put the link here.

changzhou007 Thanks for your warm-hearted sharing.

the article is good for its content, so I'd like to share it in an alternative way

the recording: http://my.piekee.com/thinkerallan/audio/87022.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 12:13:43 |Display all floors
So many VIPs of this forum here who are proficient in English and give out  lots of good advice and tips on English learning,Markwu,Changzhou are two of my favorite posters here.Furthermore,I like ckgzjchen 's way to improve oral English,anyhow,I wonder what kind of short articles I should recite? Reciting markwu or changzhou's articles may be a good choice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 13:55:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xunhuan_2002 at 2008-2-18 12:13
So many VIPs of this forum here who are proficient in English and give out  lots of good advice and tips on English learning,Markwu,Changzhou are two of my favorite posters here.Furthermore,I like  ...

I am not sure if that is a good idea to recite a speech or an essay. To be frank, I never did although I did recite a few lines or conversations from a play or a novel or my own speeches,essays and presentations.

When you are watching the actors delivering the perfect lines in a movie, has it come across your mind how those actors repeated their lines tens and hundreds of times in a rehearsal? The thing is, everybody can be an actor to speak the lines out loud as well. Ideally, you and your buddy can try out a few lines or a short dialogue in a novel, a classic or a contemporary one, otherwise, you can play all the characters in a book. For example, you can play Romeo and Juliet. Why don't you give it a try? Here is a famous scene in Shakespeare Play, Romeo and Juliet.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.