Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 13:54:54 |Display all floors
I prefer to this priority,

Frist , grandma and grandpa.

Second, babies' parents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 14:03:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lacaterina at 2007-9-27 17:02
The mother??? but now most mothers need to work.

The grandparents?? why should they since they have wokred so hard all their lives?

To hire a nanny??? Can he or she be trusted??

Just hear ...

hehe...

if family economics is permited...

maybe parents taking care of is better, otherwise...which will become a "left-behind" children...please see my "left-behind" children thread...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 15:56:46 |Display all floors
As to this issue in which there are several contradiction exist .
Parents,they indeed want to bring up their children by themselves, have their children around them and build goods relationship with children,however, the reality for most yongers is they have to work on work days,they don't have time.
Grandparents,they may have time,however,this may effect the communication between the parents and children,especially for  the new borned children,they are sent to their grandparents far away from their parents,children will have the feeling of strangeness with their parents in long run.
How to handle the contradiction?
I think the best solution is that parents and grandparents live together.The children can get  love from both their parents and grandparents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 16:39:49 |Display all floors
First, companies in China should take this into consideration by creating more work-at-home positions.
Second, the one who choose to stay at home should receive full respect from the rest of the family, especially the spouse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 22:44:26 |Display all floors
the parent is the best,  you should have time to take care of your baby
and you should give your baby enough time to stay with you....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 23:24:16 |Display all floors

Reply #1 lacaterina's post

The kid's parents. It is certainly their duty. The grandparents are too old to look after their grandson and they need more time to enjoy their lives. I don't trust nanny.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.