Author: lily7786

Am I a lucky dog for seeking for my life partner here? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-28 10:33:30 |Display all floors
Thank so much for giving me suggestions about my expression, but why can't I revise my original words?

Anyone can help me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 21:09:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lily7786 at 2007-9-28 10:33
Thank so much for giving me suggestions about my expression, but why can't I revise my original words?
Anyone can help me?

I haven't got the slightest idea... but don't worry about it: your meaning is clear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-28 21:37:27 |Display all floors

you have it all mixed up...

scarylaowei...i believe, LILY* using her/his slang is correctly!  "get lucky" means hoping some sex is there for you.  she was asking 'bout her luck of getting a partner, but not just SEX yet.  i'm hoping she will be the lucky "dawg" & find her partner here.   *assumed you're a lady!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-4 04:15:00 |Display all floors

Reply #17 pjtran's post

OK re-read my post. We're actually agreeing. I was tryint to warn her NOT to use getting lucky.

And I was just pointing out that I've never heard people refer to themselves as lucky dogs. But the meaning is clear.

BUT now that you mention it, women NEVER refer to themselves as dogs. It's slang for ugly women.  Guys are dogs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-5 21:45:59 |Display all floors
good luck,Lily!
You may say i'm a dreamer,but i am not the only one!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-6 00:05:26 |Display all floors
best wish to you
face to every day with smile

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-6 00:22:27 |Display all floors
Lily, I am not sure if you are a female or a male. Usually males call themselves dog not females. When females call themselves dogs, it sounds like a swear word, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bitch.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.