Author: zhangxs

好的英语真是“读”出来的 ??(大家可以讲讲自己的阅读心得吗) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-20 08:18:49 |Display all floors
"至于阅读的方法,我主张一口气读下去,即便有个别单词挡道,只要不影响整体内容的理解,就不必停下来查词典 ..."

This essay really has many good points which must  be summed up thoughtfully and insightfully  from  the author’s rich experiences in reading and other areas of the English learning.

One thing hitting my nerves and sticking in my head for some time was a few lines as quoted above, in which the meaning of "一口气读下去" is way beyond “reading”, but far-reaching other areas, particularly one area where  most of us in this BBS community get stuck, called it as “speaking”, or painfully admitted it as “speaking broken English”.  My question is, how can we speak English fluently if we can't read and write it fluently? Hmmm, I would guess that saying more words would turn into a boring lecture.

When I joined a firm a few years ago, one of my mentors who is an American told me jokingly and  seriously that  if the speed of my reading and listening  would  be as three times as the normal speed (BBC, CNN news), I could speak English fluently.

Tripling the normal speed, must be kidding!   Could I? Can I?  Sighed, hmmm, I am getting there …

BTW, the comments from other posts are very valuable, too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.