Author: xilaren

grief is the price we pay for love [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-21 04:41:39 |Display all floors

Reply #21 exportedkiwi's post

well exportedkiwi; you're the resident expert I think and I tip my hat to you as I am at a loss for words
if you don't mind sharing your wisdom and insight - i have always felt it is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.... would you agree, sir?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 10:41:42 |Display all floors

Reply #22 scarylaowei's post

Lol, I'm no expert but I've been around and taken some hard knocks by love, the most was recently when the woman I loved and was going to marry was killed in a traffic accident in Guangzhou. Yes, I think it's better to have loved and lost, but that doesn't mean we have to like losing. the grief I've been through recently was almost too much to bear and I hope that my friends here don't have to suffer it for a very long time, if at all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 10:59:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lifesong at 2007-9-19 18:13

"Grief is the price we pay for love."

In the past thousands of years, countless people strived and died for their ideal and their nation. It was the price of love. But more heroic people followed them. Why? Love! Though your striving gives you grief, you still devote yourself to it, because your are a noble, loyal and faithful person!...

For thousands of years?  I'm not aware nationalism has been around for that long.

A good book to read on nationalism is called imagined community by Benedict Anderson, it's a fairly standard university text.  It may help you decipher where this love for nationalism comes from.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 13:38:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by toksave at 2007-9-21 10:59

For thousands of years?  I'm not aware nationalism has been around for that long.

A good book to read on nationalism is called imagined community by Benedict Anderson, it's a fairly standard ...

The love for a nation doesn't need the definition of an expert. If you ask where this love for nationalism comes from, I can tell you, the love is from our heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 14:32:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lifesong at 2007-9-21 13:38

The love for a nation doesn't need the definition of an expert. If you ask where this love for nationalism comes from, I can tell you, the love is from our heart.

For an immigrant China is in heart and mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 18:04:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2007-9-21 14:32

For an immigrant China is in heart and mind.

As Antaeus and Gaea, China(We call her "the Central Nation") is the source of our strength. When we remember our honorable ancestors, we feel inspired.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 18:57:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lifesong at 2007-9-21 18:04

As Antaeus and Gaea, China(We call her "the Central Nation") is the source of our strength. When we remember our honorable ancestors, we feel inspired.

I have seen your site.Very nice .Bravo

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.