Views: 4529|Replies: 10

Chinese women to protect their rights better [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-12 16:53:54 |Display all floors
Chinanews, Shanghai, September 12 – Chinese women are striving for an environment in which their rights are better protected, and their efforts are not in vain, said Gu Xiulian, Chairlady of All-China Women’s Federation proved at a meeting on building a system to protect women’s rights held on September 11.

At present, Chinese women have more channels to express their political viewpoints and their needs. Earlier this year, a young mother E-mailed Han Zheng, the mayor of Shanghai, saying that she would like a regulation to protect the privacy of mothers like her when feeding their babies in public places. Soon, the building of nurseries in public places was put on the agenda after discussion.

It is not rare for ordinary Chinese women to protect their rights via legal channels, despite the fact that many of them still suffer from social discrimination, particularly those in rural areas. Single mothers, laid off female workers, “empty-nest” mothers, female jail inmates and female migrant workers still belong to the vulnerable group in China, and the government is working hard to help them.

Women’s federations at all levels in China have become one of the most important platforms for women to express themselves, as these organizations have helped to set up 3,200-plus special courts with more than 8,000 women as juries, for the benefit of women victims of domestic violence and discrimination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-13 10:19:59 |Display all floors

good

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-13 11:47:18 |Display all floors
Good on em, women are people too so why should they suffer indignities and inequality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-13 14:02:05 |Display all floors

So how are the dishes coming along?

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 08:08:55 |Display all floors

-

The organizations for women is fine and helpful but the most important way is at home.......Fathers must treat their daughters equally as they would their sons...... Mothers must do the same and not favor the son over the daughter.

I raised three daughters, they are well balanced..... They respect men when the men respect them equally. My daughters demand equality and watch out if they are given a hard time about it. I taught them that they can do anything they want not anything a man can do...... I raised them in a way that they do what is necessary to get the job done, not a girl thing or a boy thing. I am very proud of my daughters and my son because I love them all equally and they know it. No favorites.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 08:16:46 |Display all floors
"My daughters demand equality and watch out if they are given a hard time about it."

Don't let chairman meet them--he seems to think women who aren't submissive are lesbians!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 10:12:02 |Display all floors

so you you are saying Chairman thinks" I "am submissive?????????????????????????????????
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.