Views: 2328|Replies: 5

China entironment pollution getting more and more heavy,why? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-11 17:03:17 |Display all floors
I living with my wife in shanghai.but ,I feeling that air pollution very heavy when we go out for shopping and waitting bus.I don't know chinese government what they do everyday?and chinese citizen only focus on money ,money,money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 17:46:21 |Display all floors
it's easy to figure out  , China's population is starting to increase it's wealth , A Chinese persons idea of wealth centres around material possessions , the material possession most sought after is a car , more Chinese people are buying cars , more cars = more polution , China's prosperity has come from great ecconomic growth due to more industries , more industries = more polution , to feed these industries you need more materials , the raw materials need to be refined in smelters and steelworks , smelters and steelworks = more polution , the steel and refined materials are then used to build more cars to meet the never ending demand , we are back to the start again , for China's  emergence into the ecconomic world power struggle there has to be a price paid .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 03:03:24 |Display all floors
China also gets poluted because dirty industries that are banned or heavily regulated in Europe, Japan moves there instead where less questions asked, but they still produce most their goods for the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 08:08:29 |Display all floors
I have to somewhat agree with what the last posted said - many factories are run in China that would not be allowed to operate in other places. That being said, maybe there should be stricter controls, and more importantly better enforcement of the rules and regulations governing emissions etc.

One of my favorite sayings is: "You have to become the change you wish to see in the world." Therefore, firstly ask yourself what you can do to make things better. Do you recycle, do you often carpool; what steps are you taking to reduce your carbon footprint on the world? Start with yourself and maybe others will follow. :)
http://www.daxueyingyu.com/forum/index.php?referredby=1

O: Copy - Paste - JOIN!  :O

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-9-12 08:14:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 12:14:25 |Display all floors
we in the west are certainly responsible for some of the problems that China will face as she emerges from quiet hibernation , we westerners are only too eager to build factories in other countries that are a little slow in the regulatory aspect of things and also provide a large workforce that quite frankly works for peanuts as compared to western workers doing the same job , the answer of course is as complicated as the question , China has to evolve to meet the needs of her people and that can only be done with ecconomic growth , the regulatory side of things will always develop a little slower than the ecconomy , you will know when China has caught up with the western world when the regulations start to hamper ecconomic growth .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.