Author: bugbird

food price is a really hot in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-11 14:22:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-9-11 14:09

this is call Inflation............if hyperinflation it iwll cost 30yuan a catty

so eat pork once a week instead of everyday

The inflation caused by lots of factors, not only the consumption price, such as pork, eggs and cook oil.
I hope and believe that our government can control the price of food.
Work hard with quality to catch up with Britain and the Unit State in 15 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 17:01:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rickisme at 2007-9-11 14:22

The inflation caused by lots of factors, not only the consumption price, such as pork, eggs and cook oil.
I hope and believe that our government can control the price of food.

pork, eggs a matter of production numbers..........where i read many pigs are dead of diseases........need to vaccinate..............as for eggs, chicken feed get expensive as corn are diverted for bio-fuel.................

as for oil, there is shortage of soya oil but lucky the palm oil has improved hectaacrage...........(take 5-6 year to fruits.......a ong time planning needed!!!)
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-11 18:50:36 |Display all floors
i have been consuming the vegetarian noodles imported from china for many months. so far, the price of the vegetarian noodles has not been changed and remains at about rmb 2.00 each.

i don't eat meat or eggs. i have no time to pay any attention to meat prices.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 02:24:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-9-11 14:09

this is call Inflation............if hyperinflation it iwll cost 30yuan a catty

so eat pork once a week instead of everyday

i think hyperinflation is the right term, because yuan is more or less pegged to dollar. dollar is being inflated, but the overall wages haven't risen dramatically. this means that imports from non-US sources (including crude oil)  will be more expensive for the chinese.

someone on the internet suggests that china could solve its domestic inflation problem by selling US treasuries and switch to gold.  given the prolonged weakness of dollar, i think this suggestion makes sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 08:48:27 |Display all floors
inflation may come to China:(
If you believe there is a miracle, there will be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 11:01:06 |Display all floors

look at it from the other aspect

"Food safety is not only about public health but also the company's image. Companies are responsible for their products. Local governments should also play an active role in supervision and ensure food safety," Li said.

"We are working to implement two 100 percent rules around the nation to prevent any ill or dead pig from entering the market."

The two rules refer to the slaughter of pigs in designated areas and the safe disposal of ill or dead pigs.

Tianjin has "successfully addressed pork safety problems" with the implementation of the rules, Tianjin Deputy Mayor Huang Xingguo said.

"We strictly follow food safety regulations, from pig purchasing to transportation. I can assure you that no ill or dead pigs get into my factory and all my pork is safe," said Xie Xinchun, a manager of Tianjin's Hepeng Food Company.
I love tootoo
  http://news.tootoo.com/index.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 12:56:45 |Display all floors
there may be something wrong with the economy
If you believe there is a miracle, there will be!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.