Views: 4794|Replies: 6

nail biting--more than a bad habit. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-9 19:19:54 |Display all floors
Do you find your fingers drifting into your mouth when you're nervous, anxious or just bored? Are your nails chewed to splinters or your cuticles gnawed to bleeding pulp? Nail biting is more than a bad habit. Doctors say it is one of the most common symptoms of stress or of an obsessive-compulsive disorder, especially for teenagers or younger children, and can lead to disfigurement and serious infection.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 08:33:41 |Display all floors
I stopped biting my nails when I got braces in high school. Strangely, I find as I get older, there are more guys who bite their nails than girls. My boyfriend is one of them. Maybe I should paint his nails so he'll stop...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 09:05:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2007-9-9 19:19
Do you find your fingers drifting into your mouth when you're nervous, anxious or just bored? Are your nails chewed to splinters or your cuticles gnawed to bleeding pulp? Nail biting is more than a ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 09:06:38 |Display all floors
Do you find your fingers drifting into your mouth when you're nervous, anxious or just bored? Are your nails chewed to splinters or your cuticles gnawed to bleeding pulp? Nail biting is more than a ...

Well, this is  an articel from Yahoo. and the dutchman found  way to cure the nail biting.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 12:40:02 |Display all floors
what i think about nail biting is that nail is always not clean or hard enough for biting.and it is not decent doing it in public.
i never do it.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-9-10 18:58:03 |Display all floors

I never had that habit and I find it quite annoying to see
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-10 19:52:36 |Display all floors

Nail Biting

It's not good for your teeth either.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.