Author: wanzheli

Made in China to Made by China ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-4 11:29:16 |Display all floors

Reply #14 caringhk's post

The biggest car market in the world will be CHINA itself!

The biggest obstacle to success is not REALIZING THAT!
Then the market in USA, EU, trade route east asian states and the British Club....
With the market in China itself, it should be 25% to 30% of the world's market!

I have no doubt China can make it.
It only needs to make sure that it's policies are progressive!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 12:09:01 |Display all floors

-

China's auto manufacturers only have one problem to overcome.... Crash test evaluations. When they conform to that, then they will be competitive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 12:13:34 |Display all floors
made in China~~~~made by  China~~~~~~~Create by China......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 12:16:27 |Display all floors

china is already the worlld's third largest aotomotive market

so chinese people certainly know that china will be the biggest market ,the local OEMs are working very hard to seize this opportunity ,chery and geely and other players are investing heavily in engineering and design
thanks to greendragon's reminder ,but we have already realized it
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 12:46:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-4 10:48
Tikoli,

I'm not sure the marketing is as important as you think; Korean car makers have had terrible marketing in the US but have successfully competed on price. I do agree that China doesn't ha ...

You will never be seen as balanced by the Chinese no matter what you say. Instead of discussing things they often get a bit defensive. It probably stems from not being raised in environments like Australia and America where diversity of opinions are a way of life. Unexpected opinions are immediately viewed as attacks on China.

Back to marketing. Look at Harley Davidson. Expensive, slow, low fuel economy, but incredable brand loyalty.

Ford and Holden protected their brand in Australia via the touring cars. About 10 years ago, they said that if the Japanese were allowed to continue in the touring cars they would withdraw. As a consequence, it is a Ford and Holden show now, and this builds serious brand loyalty amongst those who are most passionate about cars.

I met a very very successful dentist once who said that being a good dentist is five per cent knowledge of teeth, and 95 per cent knowledge of people - but you must know 100 per cent about that five per cent. In his opinion, no one could ever check to see if he had done a good job. I got a similar opinion from a real-estate salesman. He was saying that people buy a house, one of the most important purchases they will ever make, because the like the gold taps, or the oak tree in the backyard reminds them of when they were a boy. Then they justify the purchase with some pragmatic reason like it has good investment potential.

I view cars the same way. It is five per cent quality and 95 per cent image. Admitedly, the importance of image declines the cheaper the car becomes, but so do the profit margins. Anyway, I guess the question is can the Chinese produce a car cheaper than Korea, better quality than the Germans and Japanese or market themselves better than Americans? I guess we will just have to wait and see.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 13:17:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2007-9-4 12:09
China's auto manufacturers only have one problem to overcome.... Crash test evaluations. When they conform to that, then they will be competitive.
Hand in here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 13:21:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.