Views: 28902|Replies: 60

Made in China to Made by China ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-3 01:03:51 |Display all floors
i am working for a consulting company ,it's just organizing a high-level event -Automotive Innovation China Summit 2008 ,working with one chinese key university and two american ones
the main objective is to help the chinese automotive industry to transform from made in china to made By china which is a dream and goal to every chinese local OEM manufactures .

guys ,do you think chinese local car companies like chery and geely will catch up with their strong competitors from overseas such as north america and japan ?
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 08:54:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 09:27:06 |Display all floors

too proud

Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-3 08:54
Wanzheli,

First, I have to laugh: there is no such thing as "strong competition" from NA car makers (perhaps excluding a revived Chrysler) because they are low quality, low ingenuity c ...

this comment just makes you look so stupid and arrogant
you should the history of the us automotive industry
if my memory serves me right ,the germans invented cars and did your country ever try to copy
maybe you use another phrase: innovative learning

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 09:40:47 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 10:10:19 |Display all floors

schreiber

you should get back to your comments under thread- chery 's one millionth car

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 10:17:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 11:27:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-3 08:54
Wanzheli,

First, I have to laugh: there is no such thing as "strong competition" from NA car makers (perhaps excluding a revived Chrysler) because they are low quality, low ingenuity c ...

I'd agree with you that nth American cars aren't too flash, but your country has a brilliant marketing industry which compensates for technical deficiecies of the cars. For cars, image is extremely important as it is more of the image of the car, rather than what is under the bonnet, that really matters to consumers. (In Australia, Holden and Ford have strong customer loyalty, but compared to the Japanese and German brands they really are garbage.)

I think China will always struggle to build strong brands internationally because they don't have a strong communications industry that helps brands to grow. (It is one of the side effects of having too much state control of the media.)

Admitedly, when marketing internationally, Chinese business leaders can just hire foreign experts and use foreign media. However, if the Chinese business leaders have not grown up in an environment with strong communication theory,  they may have some trouble communication with these marketing leaders and therefore not make good decisions.

Consequently, I can see the Chinese cars being popular in China because they are Chinese. Internationally; however, I don't see the Chinese brands competiting with the Japanese, Germans, Koreans or Americans while Chinese patrioticism remains the car's selling point.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.