Author: chinadaily

China becomes Australia's top trading partner [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-4 19:34:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-4 20:55
Tsk, Emuc and tikoli gloating, meanwhile W.A. Premier Alan Carpenter pay homage to China.

Yes, that white guy, Alan Carpenter, was saying nice things to President Hu. Hardly "paying homage", simply being a polite host. President Hu, as a polite guest, was saying very nice things about Australia and Western Australia in particular. To use your expression, it was very kind of the President to "pay homage" in such a way to W.A. which is playing such an important role in helping China's economy to develop.

Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-4 20:55
SFA! Go on now, go dig a hole and find some resource for us.

And who is this "us", Cestmoi ?  Do you live in China ?

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-9-4 20:53
emu, emu,
You will never cease to surprise me . " made in Australia " is quite different to " dug up in Australia " mate.

Oh dear, Mengzhi. As you will know, Cestmuck called for a boycott on Australian made goods.
Now if he was being anything other than a hypocrite, he'd call for a blanket ban on all Australian produce, whether it's manufactured, grows on trees, comes out of cows or is dug up out of the ground.
If it's a selective ban, then well it's like being a little bit pregnant eh ?

So maybe you should confirm whether Cestmoi is going to stand on principle and call for a blanket ban on all Australian goods.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 19:56:02 |Display all floors

Australia has principles?

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-9-4 19:34
Oh dear, Mengzhi. As you will know, Cestmuck called for a boycott on Australian made goods.
Now if he was being anything other than a hypocrite, he'd call for a blanket ban on all Australian produce, whether it's manufactured, grows on trees, comes out of cows or is dug up out of the ground.
If it's a selective ban, then well it's like being a little bit pregnant eh ?

So maybe you should confirm whether Cestmoi is going to stand on principle and call for a blanket ban on all Australian goods...

I have put up statistics, and quoted from McKinsey & Co, IMF, ABS etc. Would you care to address those core issues?

Yes, you may continue to dig resources for us, and yes, we will call for a grass-root boycott Australian merchandise, and no you may not know who or how.

Be patient, grasshopper, I will post something for you and tikoli soon, and you will enjoy it the fun. Anticipation is half the pleasure.  

I have spent enough time with your racist ilks tonight.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 20:36:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-4 21:56
I have put up statistics, and quoted from McKinsey & Co, IMF, ABS etc. Would you care to address those core issues?

Statistics, WTF has that got to do with your stupid boycott call?
I don't have an issue with the stats, whatever they prove.

Yes, you may continue to dig resources for us, and yes, we will call for a grass-root boycott Australian merchandise, and no you may not know who or how.

So is this boycott call a blanket boycott on all exports from Australia or are you hypocritically calling for a boycott only on those of a non-ferrous nature ?

I have spent enough time with your racist ilks tonight.

Just who is the racist? Now do I go about referring to "Yellow China", no, of course not.

You, however, keep referring to "white Australia".

I think it is clear as to who is the racist, and you are the one providing the unambiguous proof of your racism.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 21:40:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-4 14:04
Tikoli,

China needed enemies because it was running out of political steam. Communist revolutions are messy business and communist states function as long as the revolutionary attitude is mainta ...

Yeah. History shows that the search for an external enemy culminates with enemies being found within. A bit of psychology explains why.  

Albert Einstein once said:

“If my theory of relativity is proven correct, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.”

A theory known as self-categorisation theory explains Einstein’s prediction. The theory proposes that an individual has various social groups that they identify with (family, state, country, continent, religion, humanity). In order to gain self-esteem, the individual will a) either associate themselves with a social group that is defined by success, or b) distance themselves from a social group tainted with failure. This identification is quite fluid. For example, once minute, religion might be important. The next, the country is important. Five minutes later, the religion is important.

There are numerus problems stemming from trying to unite people by seeking enemies. One is that distancing the in-group from the failure of an out-group is one of the weaker forms of esteem attainment. More esteem is attained by talking about the in-group’s success. So hating the Japanese hinders conversations about positive aspects of Chinese. A second problem is that hatred stifles the fluid nature of social identification. So as Chinese are encouraged to hate the Japanese, they are constrained from finding esteem in other possible identities. In a way, Communists want this as communism is expected to be the sole identity that matters. However, that Communist ideal is at odds with ingrained human psychology to identify with multiple groups. Consequently, the individual may find the singular Communist identity to be repressive and constrictive. Subsequently, they rebel and a cultural revolution may be needed to deal with the rebellion. A final problem is that the hatred becomes a point of division between groups seeking esteem. For example, southern Chinese, who didn’t experience the history of Japanese occupation, might pride themselves on being more forgiving and less political than the northern Chinese who experienced the invasion first hand. Likewise, Taiwaness or Tibetans might approach the war issue in a way that helps their group find some positive distinctiveness from the rest of China.

So, all in all, I’d say more unity could be achieved by talking about the positive achievements of China, rather than negative things about the Japanese. It would definitely make this board more interesting as well. I don’t know about you, but I find it quite boring always reading about how evil the rest of the world is.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 09:03:40 |Display all floors

Farewell to Arms !!

I am taking off to a place where communication is by smoke-signals and Morse code and for 6 weeks. I leave the  hoons in the good hands of cestmoi and co . I hope to be back by late october , by which time , I am sure the baying hounds would be silenced or embarrassed enough . On the other hand , some are unembarrassable and the rest are unteachables. Good luck either way . Go for it .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 12:41:07 |Display all floors

nonsense

Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-4 14:04
Tikoli,

China needed enemies because it was running out of political steam. Communist revolutions are messy business and communist states function as long as the revolutionary attitude is mainta ...

you do not know what harmony means ,in your mentality and that of your country ,one is either an ally or an enemy ,you can only be one of them
but to chinese ,it's not the case ,we do not need enemies rather we are taken as enemies out of various motives like elections
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 14:52:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.