Post time 2007-9-2 01:05:30 |Display all floors
http://www.workers.org/2007/world/east-timor-0906/

Australian troops exposed as occupation force in East Timor
By John Catalinotto

Published Aug 31, 2007 7:10 PM

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-2 08:41:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-1 18:39
I am not disputing James Craig's assertion, but would like to see his figures.

I compared the Australian merchandise export to China (incl Hong Kong SAR) and Japan by FOB-value  for 2007 to July ...

You can dispute Craig James. He is basically a salesman for  Commsec. Everyday he is giving advice about something in order to get Commsec in the news or push up a share price. A Warren Buffet, he is not.

As for feeling threatened, it is more likely to be the other way round. Mines can be mothballed easier than the factories that rely upon them for raw materials.

As I said before, China's prosperity has allowed Australia to make a lot of money. However, some structual problems in the Australian economy have also been caused by that.

We should have had a lot of inflation in Australia. We didn't because the Chinese currency is controlled so the price of Chinese imports didn't rise as they should have. As a consequence, the extra cash in Australia was invested in the housing market, which in turn forced the reserve bank to raise interest rates causing an extra burden on industry. In addition, the housing boom also created a lot of speculative industry based around the housing market.

If we had had an increase in the price of Chinese imports, as we should have, then less money would have gone into housing, and Australian or other Asian alternatives to Chinese imports would have been more competitive. In effect, we would have had less industries based on speculation (property) and more based on genuinely building something.

We actually need some kind of economic downtown to bring things back into balance.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-2 16:09:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-9-2 03:05
http://www.workers.org/2007/world/east-timor-0906/

Australian troops exposed as occupation force in East Timor
By John Catalinotto

Published Aug 31, 2007 7:10 PM

Sorry, matey, but that article violates even the most basic journalistic principles, it cannot be considered anything other than confabulated propaganda.

I wonder if you could find any articles which are less objective and even more biased than that one?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 16:30:43 |Display all floors

For Northwest

When talking to white Australians like Emu and tikoli, one should adopt a racially inferior and humble attitude.

These are thin-skinned, violent people, c.f. Cronulla Race Riots. They are very likely to bash you up if you carry on like that. Remember, you will agree with John Howard at all times. If Howard says Pauline Hanson has every right to use her parliamentary privilege to abuse Asians, it must be treated like a commandment and you should feel humbled by whites. However if Howard says Sheik Hilali may not speak in defence of Islam, you will abide by the Howard-Hanson decision.

Always remember, white Australia can use violence and Howard and Hanson will treat that as a mere, simple law and order issue. You, on the other hand may not defend yourself against white Australian violence because that constitutes terrorism against whites.

As they say in Australia, if you don't like it, why are you in Australia?

White Australia, racism, violence, hatred, they go hand-in-hand.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 17:32:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-3 16:30
When talking to white Australians like Emu and tikoli, one should adopt a racially inferior and humble attitude.

These are thin-skinned, violent people, c.f. Cronulla Race Riots. They are very l ...

Where did you get the idea that I was white? That is a bit of inaccurate stereotyping. Racism!

Don't worry, being the target of racial discrimination doesn't bother me. I've encountered it all over the world.

I'm actually a mongrel. I don't have any Asian in me though. I was planning that for my kids.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 17:35:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-3 16:30
As they say in Australia, if you don't like it, why are you in Australia?

White Australia, racism, violence, hatred, they go hand-in-hand.

So, next time a bunch of white hooligans beat me up I will have to thank them.

Thank you, cestmoi , for reminding us of our righful place at the feet of the white man.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 18:52:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-3 18:30
These are thin-skinned, violent people.......

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh you really are a scream, Cestmoi. "Thin skinned".

A person only has to make a slightly critical remark about some government policy in China, and all the little rats get on their high horse, scream "racism" allegations, and get all in a lather about this apparent slight on the entire Chinese nation.

We know just who are the thin skinned around here !!!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.