Views: 4497|Replies: 7

Should official life be affected by personal matters [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2007-8-30 17:48:16 |Display all floors
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol ... /article2350954.ece

What do you think?
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
37.50% (3)
62.50% (5)
Your current user group has no poll permission
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-8-30 18:35:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2007-8-30 17:48
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol ... /article2350954.ece

What do you think?


If a public official is dishonest in private then we could not expect him/her to have professional integrity.

If our leaders and rolemodels cannot lead by example then they should not be leading.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-8-30 18:53:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2007-8-30 18:35


If a public official is dishonest in private then we could not expect him/her to have professional integrity.

If our leaders and rolemodels cannot lead by example then they should not be le ...




A clear NO  from me. As long as no corruption or other illegal activities are involved it 's nobody's business what a politician or an official does in his private time.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-8-30 19:24:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2007-8-30 18:53




A clear NO  from me. As long as no corruption or other illegal activities are involved it 's nobody's business what a politician or an official does in his private time.


That response probably gives a clear signal to Japanese politicians that ''it's business as usual''.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-8-30 19:42:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2007-8-30 19:24


That response probably gives a clear signal to Japanese politicians that ''it's business as usual''.





Fatdragon,

They're human beings and as we all know beautiful women can be very tempting. :)

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Post time 2007-8-31 12:53:01 |Display all floors
you may esteem or appreciate their beauty, but you (as senior goverment servants) ought not to be tempted by them, and go to bed with them.    It's about official ethics.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Post time 2007-8-31 12:56:11 |Display all floors
and, it's also about corruption.  Usually, after a woman goes to bed with a leading official, she will try to solicit benefits (favorable policies and connections) from the official.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.