Author: rouofhk

It's getting worse - newly posted can't be seen [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-22 14:38:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oggyjj at 2007-8-21 08:03
hi rouofhk, our system is updating recently, so the threads or replies maybe be delayed to be published or edited. Sorry for the inconvenience brought by the repairement during this time.

It's bigger! It's badder! Ladies and Gentlemen, is this too much for CD BBS posters?  <adapted from Syndrome in The Incredibles>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-22 14:39:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oggyjj at 2007-8-20 04:03 PM
hi rouofhk, our system is updating recently, so the threads or replies maybe be delayed to be published or edited. Sorry for the inconvenience brought by the repairement during this time.
oggyjj, I appreciate your comment here.

When there are technical difficulties like these, many of us get frustrated because we do not know what is happening.

For several months now, certain posts were subject to delays during certain hours without any explanation from the administrators of the board.

None of us blame the moderators—we realize these situations have nothing to do with any of you—and, again, I want to thank you for your comment.

I do think that if the system is being updated or if there is some inconvenience, it would be helpful and, indeed, professional, if some notice were posted, explaining the nature of the problem and, if possible, when the problem is expected to be resolved.

Those of us who post here, particularly we "foreigners' who are committed to helping people with English and devote a lot of time to do so, would appreciate at least that degree of acknowledgment. And those of us who have formed close friendships here would like to know that the administrators realize that the community is important to us and, so, would keep us apprised when problems occur that might disrupt that.

Again, thank you for your comment and your explanation, oggyjj! I always appreciate your good nature and responsiveness on the board. :)
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-22 15:09:59 |Display all floors

It dosen't matter.

Dear,my friend. It doesn't matter. Just wait. Although I am a new comer but I want to help me and all of you to resolve some question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-22 15:53:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jeff_in_sf at 2007-8-22 14:39
oggyjj, I appreciate your comment here.

When there are technical difficulties like these, many of us get frustrated because we do not know what is happening.

For several months now, ce ...

Maybe you can take this cue........

Re: Many cannot Post Replies today.......

To: caringhk
Time: 2007-8-16 14:40

Thank you for writing to us. We are sorry the forum is in system-upgrade process, which might last for serveral weeks. The posts will be published minutes after submitision. Our tech support is working on the issue and we all hope the process will not last long.
Sorry for the inconvience and please feel free to write us, and thank you for the support of the forum.

CD Oonline Community
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-22 17:04:06 |Display all floors

Reply #11 caringhk's post

Thanks, caringhk!

Why can't they just post that as an announcement for everyone?
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-31 14:05:58 |Display all floors
I'm afraid CD is going to collapse if the censorship keeps running. Now far less posters than before.

CD becomes dead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-31 15:44:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2007-8-31 14:05
I'm afraid CD is going to collapse if the censorship keeps running. Now far less posters than before.

CD becomes dead.

I believe it is not censorship that they are trying to implement? Or is it? If so, why did they reply to caringhk claiming that they were "upgrading"? That's not "upgrading" if you ask me. I did notice significantly fewer posts myself... maybe we just need to find another playground now. Luckily, on the inet, moving isn't quite the kind of hassle that the real world thing is.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.