Author: changabula

Blacks Saying No To Enlisting In US Military [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-11 13:33:13 |Display all floors

Draft = Real Prospect For Peace

Everyone in America is equal.  Some are more equal than others.  

3 years mandatory duty for everybody, male, female, bi, no matter.  Indeed, if the draft is reinstituted America, with no waivers and no deferrals, the world would finally see a lot more peace.  The world hopes and prays for that day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-12 04:07:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plasmalupus at 2007-8-10 21:09
Vic...you sound just like Romney

I served during Nam, I learned alot and survived 8 years in the military

[...]

There should be a draft, everyone goes....yours included.  Remember it's an honor to die fighting for your country.    In fact it's so honerable that they won't even show the caskets of the fallen anymore...new policy!

You know Vic...from alot of what I've seen you post here...your full of s#$@%!*t anyway and a waste of my time.

<Arched Eyebrow>  Served in Vietnam?  Hm... care to state your comany and regiment?  No offense, have heard a lot of people say that on-line, but usually are lying.

<Chuckle>  If I am such a waste of time - why did you respond?

As for Romney... he is lucky if he gets out of the primaries - let alone the final election.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-12 04:12:21 |Display all floors

Snort

Originally posted by tongluren at 2007-8-10 23:33
Everyone in America is equal.  Some are more equal than others.  

3 years mandatory duty for everybody, male, female, bi, no matter.  Indeed, if the draft is reinstituted America, with no waivers and no deferrals, the world would finally see a lot more peace.  The world hopes and prays for that day.  

Cripes, the next time the draft is implemented - America will be a war (not a police action or resolution or Operation [Fill in the Blank]).

As for the rest of the world, America will always be a threat in some shape or form - like every other nation-state in the history of the world.

Funny thing is - after Vietnam, it was interesting to see people talking about an all volunteer army being a more fair option for American citizens - as opposited to a draft.

Amazing what a few decades can do.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-12 05:35:25 |Display all floors

Then again there were cries like this before...

Let officers and directors of our armament factories, our gun builders, and munitions makers all be conscripted - to get $30 a month, the paid to the lads in the trenches... That will stop the racket, that and nothing else.  - Smedley Butler, U.S. Marines - 1934

Did one better - made the U.S. military a volunteer force.

Someone refresh my memory - is the PLA conscript like Russia or volunteer like America?

[ Last edited by tradervic at 2007-8-11 03:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-12 06:30:53 |Display all floors

Romney is Slated To Win

This weekend, believe it or not, is the first of the earnest liar's fest - the Iowa straw vote weekend.

Also named the barbecue vote weekend, where the would be leaders of America kick off with the best show of lies, and of course, the favorite food of the pols - PORK.  Smoked, barbecued, drowned in sauces.  But it is still pork.  Literally every single one of the pols running this weekend in Iowa is featuring PORK.   It portends the American future very aptly.

Actually, contrary to Vic's prognostication, Romney the brave, Romney the would be commander in chief of the Yanks, Romney whose five sons find it more patriotic to try to get their father elected than to enlist, is now leading the Republicans, as Juliani and McCain gave up on the Iowa weekend.

[ Last edited by tongluren at 2007-8-12 06:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.