Author: changabula

Russia Plants Flag Under North Pole [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-4 11:38:19 |Display all floors

More like...

Russia is a place with a lot of nuclear weapons, a lot of oil and natural resources, and a leader with a great sense of nationalism.  To watch Mr. Putin and Mr. Hu in the political arena is to watch a pair of great chessmasters practice their craft - interesting and chilling at the same time.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-4 12:24:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-4 13:21:34 |Display all floors

goodsaa bump

BUMP!

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-5 20:51:05 |Display all floors

That clucky mother hen .

traderman,

That worry wart worrying wantonly again. China may not get this, China may not get that . One would think you are a mother hen clucking over your favourite chick called China . China has more secure tenure of oil and energy supply at the moment than any other large country in the world ;Sudan , Nigeria , Saudi Arabia , Iran , Iraq , Venezuela , Russia ,and of course at home.  These are willing partners rather than threatened or bullied subservients. China has no troops with jackboots on any of these oil sources and with a gun to their heads.

Against that which oil producing country is providing its product to the US of a free will ? With 350,000 troops on their soil , they are bound to be " friendly " . The case of  harsh power vs soft power . Learn and repent buddy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 02:32:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-8-3 22:24
Trader,

That's probably accurate and that's why it will fail. What sort of odds do you want to put on China and Russia going to war?

Hm... the next 50 years, minimum percentage - more likely chance of them joining forces over issues in the 'Stans dealing some extremist group or leader.  After that, it will depend on resources and enegry supplies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 02:43:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-8-5 06:51
traderman,

That worry wart worrying wantonly again. China may not get this, China may not get that . One would think you are a mother hen clucking over your favourite chick called China . China  ...

What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant.  The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents. - Robert F. Kennedy - 1964

For a man that supposedly served with the PLA - it must be galling to you live in Australia and not have the balls to speak your mind so freely as you do here.  Never seen your handle at the Australian, Melbourne Age, or Syndey Morning Herald.

As for what I write - I rather be the doting old mother - worried about her child - than the 'know-it-all' aunty who never had time to have a few of her own, but 'read all the children eduction books on how do it'.

So, Aunty Mengzhi, you and the other other Aunties at this BBS can sod off.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 05:21:59 |Display all floors

Good quote . What does it mean ?

Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-8-6 02:43

What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant.  The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say a ...

Who did you think Kennedy had in mind when he said that ? Do you not see Rumsfeld there, doing the extremist things on people who are not his concern ? Do you not hear the way Americans label the " axis of evil " and calling national leaders they don't like  cretin  and pygmies ? Robert Kennedy is prophetic and one can see he could be saying as much about his own country as he is of others.

Stop that agonizing about being mother to China and spare us the crocodile tears. Your insincerity is disgusting. How do you know I don't have handles on any of those publications ? Are you a CIA sleuth as well ? I am only interested in " educating " those supremacists and left overs from the colonialist days sermonizing about China without cause .  Just educating , it is my natural calling .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.