Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 19:07:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 21:32:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gilmore at 3-8-2007 13:31
WHY HAPPY TIBETAN PROTEST

Because many are not happy and would prefer it if Beijing didn't tell them what to do.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 21:39:08 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 21:48:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 3-8-2007 13:39
So, what did mencus and gilmore think of Chang's article.

What "article" has Chang written, zglobule? The start of this thread is merely him cobbling together a few pictures from a website to present a one-sided view of Chinese-ruled Tibet. There's nothing worth talking about in that, other than to say he's pushing propaganda.

Easier to answer with a negative?

How is posting an article from the Economist "a negative"? Oh, right - because it talks about the sort of things you don't like to hear.

How is responding to a comment about recent events in Tibet "a negative"? Oh, right - because that's looking at a side of Tibet you'd prefer to sweep under the carpet.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2007-8-3 01:50 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 21:52:34 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 22:04:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 3-8-2007 13:52
http://www.michaelparenti.org/Tibet.html

Post 11 and 12.

Sorry, I thought you were both so interested in Tibet you would have surely read it. My mistake.

If you want to refer to something specific, be specific. That is not "Chang's article", is it? The correct way to refer to it would have been "Michael Parenti's article on Tibet" or some such.

As to the article, it is interesting - I'll have a proper read of it later, though I've read similar points and arguments before. That said it doesn't have much to do with Chang's rather ridiculous thread title, "Happy Tibetans Love their Motherland" - so you'll have to forgive me if I didn't associate it immediately with "Chang's article".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.