Author: myfriend

American freeway bridge collapsed on its own [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-3 15:30:53 |Display all floors

Like I Said

The efficacy of the system determines the quality of the leaders you get, and the quality of the leaders determines the fate of a nation.

In a nation where the leaders decide it is perfectly logical to eat caca and try to poop Big Macs, where the priority is to spend $12 billion a month to occupy and bomb another nation in the hope of getting their oil, while allowing the nation's own infrastructure literally go to pot, that nation gets exactly what it has coming.

It also demonstrates that Mao was right - SWCC is far superior to capitalism as far as choosing leaders is concerned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 22:08:46 |Display all floors

Reply #23 myfriend's post

You take on the events of News from america is somewhat flawed I think. The events and "Bridge Collapse" although tragic, do not signal the end of america. Beginning in 1937 the infrastructure of american transportation system (Roads) was designed to (A) provide work for americans great depression, and (B) provide networking between cities.

In america today their are over 540,000 Bridges of which almost 25% need to be replaced. But like any government repairs are slow due to too much political end plays. Within a month (sad to say) all the current "We must address this problem" will pass and until the next event will be largly forgotton in the public eye.

Concerning the post by "Tongluren" I suggest he/she do some research concerning China, (as well as all other nations of the world) and start to understand politics at play (It makes no difference which idealogy you like). I truely hope he/she is not suggesting MAO theology somehow proves vastly superior to others -since it was MAO who thrust china into a concept to modernize china, with disasterous effects freely admitted by China's ruling party today. (Quote: He made some mistakes) I think so !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.