Author: desperado123

PLA will not tolerate secessionist moves [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-1 21:36:28 |Display all floors

Test at your peril .

So the USA is invading every country at every turn just to sharpen her claws of combat ?  I have always suspected that , now you have confirmed it . It is much like a serial killer , bumping off a victim now and again " just to keep in shape " huh ?

China ( and the PLA ) have not had to fight since the Korean war because she is peaceful and a pacifist nation. The only wars she will ever fight will be those which are forced upon her , like crossing of the Yalu River in North Korea by the Yanks and if the same unteachables come back to Taiwan to interfere.  The capacity and the will of the PLA resides with the people . It would be a brave or stupid nation to test these qualities in a hot war.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 22:31:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 22:35:02 |Display all floors
secessionist  is not right .no reason for it .
but we must respect the will of the taiwanese .

it seems that taiwan polical system is going with good trend after many years chaos

god bless chinese (cross straits )
no more war again

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 22:40:40 |Display all floors
one china ,two system may be a good choice
but respceting the will of the taiwanese is priority ,or it will be more worse
as regard the status of taiwan ,it is so difficult for china people .chinese are too clever
in my opinion, more negotiations and debates are more preference for cross straits
when war breaks out ,no one will win .all will be loser

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 00:54:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-8-1 06:35
I agree, a peace keeping mission to south Pacific or Timor will be good.

Ohh also bring the medium range missile.

Looks like another wait as the sysops review my retort.

However - I can say this:  Technology is nice, but experience is a must
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 07:58:37 |Display all floors
This is just typical saber rattling.  It is well known that though the US does not formally recognize Taiwan, it is committed to its protection.

Both countries understand that overt military action would be detrimental for all involved.  Simply put, the US is in no position currently to engage in a ground war with China, but China is in no position to engage the US in the kind of Naval and Air battles that would be involved in a defense of Taiwan.

Both sides will continue to make such assertions, but neither is eager to force the issue.
Shane

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 08:58:19 |Display all floors

Reply #24 shanemoore's post

Concur.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.