Views: 2127|Replies: 11

Time Out Everybody [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-30 00:19:30 |Display all floors
If some people want to bring these forums down then they are going the right way about it.

Sure, I have my differences with quite a few people here but the current state of things is pretty desperate.

Stick to the forum rules and we might all just get along a bit better - otherwise the mods may just pull the plug.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 00:22:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 08:11:29 |Display all floors

yeah like you would know exactley what the mods are up to

i think your part of one of the many problems actually
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 08:36:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-7-30 00:22
tmphgt  Theyy're welcome to read all the threads and times and make up their own mind.

this thread was no doubt created for you zglobal

the "let them make up their own mind" defense doesn't cut it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 10:43:19 |Display all floors

More moderation needed.

Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-30 00:19
Stick to the forum rules and we might all just get along a bit better - otherwise the mods may just pull the plug.  ...

I agree that we should cool it down. But I also believe that the Moderators are failing in their job if they are not seen to apply the rules wthout favour. Sadly that does not seem to be the case. In previous times, complaints about posts which break the forum rules have been acknowledged. Not so recently and no action seems to have been taken against anyone.

So either the Moderators condone bad behaviour or else they are heavily prejudiced towards an agenda that we are not privy to.

I have come to expect that non Chinese and Chinese will make offensive remarks here against other people's countries. Both sides are to equally to blame and for the likes of some people to claim that they are dishing out the same medicine merely makes you look as bad as the opposition. Rise above them for goodness sake - you are all intelligent people. It should be possible to discuss things objectively or just ignore obvious cretins.

Some of the remarks are just the traditional racists with bigoted opinions - they should be deleted by the Moderators once it is obvious that they just wish to be offensive. But some are just misguided and ignorant people who need to be educated rather than shouted at. Provided that they are sticking to the rules then we should tollerate them even if it tries our patience.

If the moderators are not happy with the standards of rule breaking here then they only have themselves to blame for failing to send clear signals to the children who play here. Perhaps we all just need a rumble room - one section of the forum that has no rules and we can work out our problems with each other - then all other sections of the forum to be strictly moderated.

One Moderator recently claimed to have a brief of promoting good international friendships and cultural understanding. Time to start earning the pay folks! You do your job and we will behavour ourselves at an acceptable level. Fail to do you job and the lynch mobs will roam the streets of CD. Your choice.....
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 11:00:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-30 11:01:50 |Display all floors
I can't agree with you more!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.