Author: cathyruan

Beauty and the budda? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-27 10:55:40 |Display all floors
I think they just had a look at the monks and temples ......That is all!
I will try my best to do everything well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 11:12:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doris_ying at 2007-7-27 10:45

If some monk would give up their religious life what is so boring and the world is how perfect.;P

Agree with you but the principles works in the REVERSE..............

which is why many many or most of us find so hard to do.........
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 11:14:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by flingpig at 2007-7-27 10:55
I think they just had a look at the monks and temples ......That is all!

plus clasping their hands which is paying homage to the monks/sangha
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 11:32:02 |Display all floors
Most of they are just think that is joy and curious.

Now ,in many place ,the abbey is not  divine and pure  again but the tool to get more money .
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 11:39:16 |Display all floors
Both were in their respective uniforms, that is all.  Curiously though, the same colour.  What a coincidence....

It's not what is outside which is important.  What is inside (oneself) counts. But after a while, even that should disappear to give what is One (Om).  Am i quoting Laotze?

You should see the westerners holding jossticks and praying hard in some of the temples in China - what a dramatic change in world trends, perceptions about China, even.  Unity (of humanity) in diversity (of their activities).

Another strange thing - both the Buddha and Confucius had lived in different places but about the same epoch.  They couldn't have known about each other.  Yet the essence of their teachings seem to cohere.  Why?

Wax and wane, life.

I miss my old friend, caringhk.  This one is for him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 12:34:26 |Display all floors
I dunno. I think you raise a good question. Would they dress that way if they visited the Pope in the Vatican? Somehow I think no, they wouldn't. I don't think it was a malicious act on their part. More likely ignorance - that Buddhism is so low on their awareness they didn't know how to act respectfully. OTOH, Buddhists wouldn't care. No harm, no foul.
Husband, father, farmer, logger, woodcutter, and rancher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 12:45:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cathyruan at 2007-7-27 08:44
The contestants of Miss Tourism International visited the White Horse Temple in Luoyang, Henan Province on July 25th.

the monk with a cassock on which you can see som flower patterns, so i called him "hua he shang", not a real buddhist monk

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.