Views: 43106|Replies: 62

what are your career goals? Or what are your future plans? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-25 12:27:39 |Display all floors
当面试的时候,遇到这样的问题,大家一般如何回答呢?我现在的英语水平很难把自己的想法用英文组织起来,大家如果遇到这样的问题,一般如何回答呢?(简单用英文提示我几句也行,谢谢大家!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-25 12:46:33 |Display all floors
我觉得虽然这个问题超出了这个论坛的主题范围,但是还是忍不住回答:

(1)我觉得这是你自己怎么想就怎么回答。目标说的高一些,远一些都可以。但是要有目标。
当然你的目标和公司的目标也许不一致,那就要看你是否愿意在那家公司工作,或者那
家公司是否愿意招收同目标不完全一致的员工。

(2)企业关心的重要的问题是:你是否在这个行业发展。
比如做翻译的话,就会问你是否愿意在相关的如:财经、IT、塑料、教育等等这些方面发展。

当然如果比较简单的行业,也许不会要求那么高,但是有些行业对翻译要求很高,例如IT。
那么你在这个行业发展,不但要会翻译,还要求以后学会编程。(例如遇到一个程序问题,
如何在中方和外方之间进行沟通)

金融这一块也是一样,要懂金融。

如果你在某个行业后做了几年,再到相同系统内找工作,就会简单的多了。

(3)不过同时你也缩小了自己以后翻译的范围,从而逐渐融入到那个行业当中。

行业翻译的确是要这样,要一只脚迈出去,一只脚留在翻译中。

(4)其实我也遇到过这样的困惑,不愿意撒谎,又不愿意丢掉一次机会。

不过我回答我只希望在翻译发展,这样虽然错过了很多机会,不过自己目标越明确,
对自己成功的把握性就越大。

[ Last edited by hly_abc at 2007-7-25 12:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-25 12:59:03 |Display all floors
谢谢楼上的朋友,我要做的工作是“外贸业务员”,对英语的要求不算很高,不过面试的时候肯定还是会问到一些基本的英语问题,我一直是哑巴英语,所以即便如此基本的问题还是不会用英语表达出来,我现在知道如何用中文回答这样的问题,可是不会用英语回答。。郁闷。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-25 13:41:15 |Display all floors
It's a big topic. (laugh......).......well, there are a lot of possibilities in the future, which made me hard to fix anything. But for the moment I'll just try my best to do as much as I can. And the most I'd like to do fight with is to make the biggest value to the company and to myself whthin my capacity. And grow up with the company ( hohoho.........)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-25 14:28:45 |Display all floors

to upstream

市场上已有专门教你如何准备英文简历和英文面试的书籍, 你不妨买来看看, 上面会列举很多在面试时可能问到的问题, 你不妨结合自己的实际情况把问题的答案写出来, 再记在脑子里.

另外呢, 还有个小窍门, 并不是去面试所有公司的外贸业务员时, 对方都会用或要求你用英语来作交流和问答的, 这时你可以用中文作答. 但是, 英文的自我介绍一定是少不了的, 对方需要知道你的口语交际能力, 这是比较基本的要求.
weibo.com/jonathanjian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 08:37:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by upstream at 2007-7-25 12:27
当面试的时候,遇到这样的问题,大家一般如何回答呢?我现在的英语水平很难把自己的想法用英文组织起来,大家如果遇到这样的问题,一般如何回答呢?(简单用英文提示我几句也行,谢谢大家!)

Your career goal is a long term goal. You must aim high and be grounded as well. Arming with this mindset, you might come up with a paragraph, for example, if your long term career goal is to become a senior manager or executive, you might say something as follows.

I would like to picture myself to become a senior manager in five years. As a manager, I will be in charge of the whole operation, taking up more responsibilities, making the key decisions, adding more value to the company and its shareholders ...

You know, at the same time, I am constantly  reminding myself of that, to achieve  my goal, I must be grounded, moving forward one step at a time, keeping myself open-minded, respecting my teammates, and learning from them ...

The thing is, I will put the company and our common goals above my own goal. I will be glad and feeling good as long as I am able to help our company to grow.

A note, the last paragraph  is a must, because it will give your prospective employer an impression that you are not a selfish person or a self-centered person, and you always put the interest of your employer at the first place.   

You may have another career goal,  putting your thoughts into words (both English and Chinese) may help, and rewrite a few times until you are satisfied, just keep trying and trying.

That is a good question, you can do it.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 11:15:26 |Display all floors

when you have this problem , it means you donot have enougn confidence .

when you have this problem , it probably means that you are not confindent .
or you donot have the ability of doing the job you are applying for .
so at first ,you need to train yourself in the field you want to work ,
and try your best to learn  knowledge and skills .
GOD HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES .
so ,before your interview , full prepartion is quite important  .
good luck to you

[ Last edited by sonia887 at 2007-7-26 11:19 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.