Author: cathyruan

High-heel springfield--sporty beauty! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-26 18:30:30 |Display all floors

Reply #14

No I think it was "ignorant" that summed you up, or possibly you were hoping for a thread where you could have another go at the West ....

It has f*ck all to do with the signs, "St.Petersburg" and "roubles" were in the leading text. You need glasses or perhaps just take off your blinkers.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 19:52:58 |Display all floors
Gloat over it if you must , music  man. It is not often that your lot got a " win " so soak it up .

Stop being paranoid. We love the west very much ; just not the parts about bragging and lording over us mere mortals. It is always a difficult transitional stage during the slide downwards from Empire to minnows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 20:51:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-26 20:30
It has f*ck all to do with the signs, "St.Petersburg" and "roubles" were in the leading text.  

And there was the big sign with "CTAPT" on it in cyrillic.

Funnily enough when someone says "St. Petersburg" most of us think Russia, not Florida, when someone says " PARIS ", it reminds us of France, not Texas, "ONTARIO", Canada, not California.
Mengzhi seems to have the USA on his mind.
Did they kick him out or reject his visa application or something ?
How come we're stuck with him down here in Australia ?

Bloody Yanks, how dare they reject Mengzhi's green card application , isn't there a "BEIJING" somewhere in Ohio where he could go ?  

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-7-26 10:54 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 22:33:14 |Display all floors

The power of nothing!

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-26 04:19
OK fellas , I was wrong and I eat humble pie. It is so like the American cultural hegemony I just took it for granted. Admit that without close inspection of the signs, it is not too far fetched to think it is one of the " American Idle " contests again !

If you do things right - no one will be sure if you have done anything at all.

Sorry Mengzhi - it is going to be a very long time for P.R. China to play catch up in the 'soft power' department.  If you have not noticed - American 'soft power' derives not from opposing upon - but selling openly.  And let us be blunt - mutts will always win over the purebreeds in the long run.

So let the blending of cultures continue! :)
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-26 22:59:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 26-7-2007 11:52 AM
Gloat over it if you must , music  man. It is not often that your lot got a " win " so soak it up .

Oh I count many times that you have "lost" because you make claims that you refuse to back up.

Quit this "guitar man", "music man" cr*p - you are simply not worthy of knowing what the username means
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 08:12:38 |Display all floors

Qs & As.

trader  :   You would not know " soft power " if you trip over it ! American soft-power is an oxymoron : as is American intelligence.

Music maestro :  you may think you have "won " on any of the debates here , let it be. Living in a fool's paradise is the stuff music is all about isn't it ?

Flightless bird of the desert :   Don't you worry about that !  I am more at home in Aussie land than the States. They can't afford my services anyhow.  I do have itchy feet and thus dart here, dart there and dart everywhere. Stop worrying about my employment . I have 12 pseudonyms registered with Centrelink and I am having a ball trying to spend 12 pensions . Easy if you know how. You a tax payer ? Thank you to you then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 21:31:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-27 10:12
I have 12 pseudonyms registered with Centrelink and I am having a ball trying to spend 12 pensions .

Ahh interesting that you boast of dishonesty and taking money which could be better spent on the needy.

Even when it's not true, it shows us your character.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.