Author: monishka

Choosing a Chinese name [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-12 21:26:25 |Display all floors
Bah. I say just get something that sounds like your English name. :)
http://www.daxueyingyu.com/forum/index.php?referredby=1

O: Copy - Paste - JOIN!  :O

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-20 13:27:17 |Display all floors
Maybe u can get some help from some teachers and other kowledgeable literature scholars.
They understand a lot in this aspect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-23 20:15:13 |Display all floors
In China, parents usually choose name for their son or daughter from Xinhua Dictionary, who will spend weeks even months to pick the best one, which they believe have closed relationship wtih the children's future. A good name means everything. u r willing to choose a name with the combined meanings of silence,peace,and reflection,so two-characters of given name is better. I've chosen some names as follows, hope u like them. The surname is Mo(莫) which sounds similar to ur original name(Monica).

莫问兰(Mo Wen Lan 442)---问(Wen)means ask questions reflecting that u r the kind of girl like thinking. (兰)Lan is a kind of flower called orchid, which in China has the meaning of silence and peace.

莫忆柳(Mo Yi Liu 443)---忆(Yi)means recall old memories of some sweet or unhappy things. 柳(Liu)is a kind of tree called willow, which in china has the meaning of quiet and silence.

莫语琴(Mo Yu Qin 432)---语(Yu)means talk with someone about something good or nice. 琴(Qin)is a kind of wonderful musical instrument usually playing with soft and quiet music songs.

莫思恬(Mo Si Tian 402)---思(Si)means think and reflection.恬(Tian)means silence and quiet.
A bosom friend afar brings distance near!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-24 22:57:48 |Display all floors
i think mo xi ran(莫欣然) is a good name .
may be you can talk with me about that ,my msn is justin870202@hotmail.com.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-24 23:02:33 |Display all floors
mo xin ran ~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 21:16:16 |Display all floors
hei ,  quite cute

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-27 17:24:15 |Display all floors
苇如  a nice name

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.