Post time 2008-1-31 19:25:00 |Display all floors
Do not  ask what did they said
Just ask how did you do
     ★ENGLISH FUNS?★
【MyQQ:7316564】
【I AM WAITING FOR U】

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-1 18:07:47 |Display all floors
VOA, BBC all serve their own government, as CCTV does.
Do not believe what you simply consider it's certainly true.
Believe that Chinese government is working for China, not for US or Britain, and that British and US counterpart do the same.
Believe no media work for all the world, if the world is not a single country.
As a Chinese,  i would rather believe CCTV more than other foreign media. But meanwhile, i read CNN, BBC,  economist, csmonitor.com, express india, etc. In this way,  i can tell why they speak in different ways.
Sometimes, reading is just for fun.
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-1 19:52:35 |Display all floors

Reply #478 augustusq's post

Thank you augustusq it is good of you to write, it has a balancing effect on the World events of the day.  The BBC may work for their government but they are anchored in Washington, D.C.,USA which is a destabalizingposition to take.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 23:10:55 |Display all floors
The BBC don't work for the British Government, they are a separate organisation with the only Government involvment coming every 10 years when they set the terms for the renewal of the license fee - paid for by all those who own a television set.

Also, please make the distinction between the BBC (Which broadcasts and/or produces everything from sport, drama, childrens programmes, gardening shows, documentaries, soap operas, comedy, history shows, nature shows - across five national radio stations, countless local radio stations, a massive website and the television channels) and BBC News, which most of you will encounter.

The BBC itself is held in great affection by the British since it was set up in the 1920's and still holds to the outline set up by Lord Reith at the time to 'Entertain, Educate and Inform'. Generally it does and the quality of programming on the BBC is held as far higher than those on rival, commercial broadcasting stations in Britain. It also has the wonderful positive of having no advertisments - so no interruptions to shows, films, sports, etc.

BBC News, although part of the same corporation, suffers from accusations of bias from almost every corner of the globe (Many Israelis and Americans for example believe there is a great BBC bias against them - personally I think too much of BBC News is preoccupied with such countries and tends to ignore what's happening in the BRIC countries), although most of it seems to come from within Britain itself - accusations from the right-wing of politics that BBC News is biased against them, while five minutes later the let-wing will complain they are being biased against them. A news broadcaster that is biased against everyone seems a little far-fetched.

The BBC, if anything, probably suffers from having a few too many metropolitan middle-class liberals within its ranks and, try as they might to be impartial 100% of the time, a certain mindset that comes from being a metropolitan middle-class liberal will no doubt leak through now and then. To their credit though, the BBC are quite open and apologetic when they get things wrong, which might not be said for other broadcasters (Who have also fallen foul of rigged phone-ins - except, unlike the BBC, these commercial broiadcasters charged a lot of money to make the call in the first place).

Not that I want to be a massive defender of the BBC particuarly, as I don't like plenty of stuff they do, nor do I particuarly like paying the license fee, but they have plenty of great, positive stuff about China.

Trust me when I say that BBC News runs far, far, far more negative stories about Britain than it ever has about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-29 08:01:44 |Display all floors
News that the BBC keep from its own people:

(1) On Rendition. Given that the aircrafts used for rendition,  as spotted by amateurs and so on, are clearly linked with the CIA and other US agencies and their contractors and that there is now conclusive evidence of their link with cocaine and heroin transportation, one would have thought that UK narcotics officers would have insisted on cargo inventories and or inspection of all aircraft touching down on our territories. The BBC missed this as usual. (See Yucaton crash)

(2) Why did the BBC fail to cover this story? In September of 2005, the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten printed the now-infamous "Muhammad cartoons," sparking riots across the Muslim world, the burning of Danish embassies, and scores of deaths. Last week the left-leaning newspaper Politiken reprinted one of the cartoons, and Denmark found itself with another week-long riot in response.

(3) Why does the BBC promulgates the so-called special relationship US/UK myth, which only exists in the minds of British government ministers and British journalists. After all it's not like the BBC to take the pro-establishment line.

(4) On Kosovo. Is it not interesting that a large potential oil and gas find has just been announced near Kosovo and that no mention was made of Bondsteel the US base sited for future pipeline routes from the Caspian. The provisional Kosova prime minister, Hashim Thaci, was described as a former "guerilla" ignoring the fact that he founded an underground crimal organisation controlling drugs, smuggling, prostitution etc.. Is this the man for the EU and the US to do business with? Why is the BBC failing to report on this?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.