Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-16 22:25:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 16-7-2007 12:32
pushing sh!t uphill

meng, if you want to swear, do so. Why do you use exclamation marks - does your parents' computer lock you out if you swear?

Haha, if meng writes foul language on the computer he loses his internet privileges for a week.

tirades of   " China aiming 1000 missiles at Taiwan

It is well establishing that China does aim large numbers of missiles at Taiwan. Only a small group of fools like yourself believe otherwise. A fact is a fact.

On the other hand, China's position over Taiwan is an opinion, so you can't compare the two.

This is humbug

The only humbug is coming from you, typical of a sour old man who is far too bitter for his own good. A real shame.....
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 22:26:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 22:27:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 16-7-2007 13:53
State-owned BBC does plenty of reporting on China much of it in a subtle anti-China voice

Translation from Changabula to English:

The BBC is not a propaganda mouthpiece like most Chinese media groups, so it is called anti-China to damage its credibility.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 22:52:23 |Display all floors

All news has spin

Originally posted by taikor at 2007-7-15 20:11
tradervic: It is a give and take

Not that I don't know of it. I'm attacking the BBC's value of being truthful, impartial and credible.

Then you are attacking all the press of the world - because all the press and entertainment venues have some degree of 'spin' to it.  Some are pretty damn strong, i.e. Murdoch's press organs, Government owned and operated organizations, and so on.  Others are a bit softer, i.e. CNN, Japan Times, Spiegel, etc.

It is up to the reader to make sense of it - because one man's truth is another man's lie.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 04:02:56 |Display all floors
The great con of the BBC is that every British household that contains a TV has to pay a flat tax for the privilege. This is then used to subsidise a vast organisation which then proceeds to indoctrinate the British (and international) viewing and listening population with orthodoxies which are ironically anti-Chinese - TV as a medium is absorbed unreflexively and is thus the most powerful form of mass mind control ever invented.

The BBC should be broken up and reformed in a manner that represents the views of the British community as a whole and not merely that of the metropolitan 'elite'.

Examples of misinformations in Britain:

(1) There was the internationally accepted and highly dangerous myth that the Catholic Church is responsible for the spread of AIDs in sub-Saharan Africa via it's doctrine on contraception - a single episode of a Panorama programme called `Sex and the Holy See' broadcast on Sunday 12th October 2003.

(2) It handled the David Kelly affair badly.

(3) Some groups and viewpoints get favourable treatment while others are left out in the cold.

(4) They demonise certain groups of whom they disapprove: Northern Irish Unionists, Christian fundamentalists, conservative Roman Catholics, UKIP
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 04:12:31 |Display all floors
Feed "misinformation CCTV china" in Google ...

Do some reading. Come back and try to explain what you find.

Also, post some specific BBC news reports which show an "anti-China" bias - I would like to see them.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 05:00:53 |Display all floors

The flotsam of the Empire .

guitar man,

You should stick to your music : and I hope it is more melodious than your bleating .

If you google " misinfromation BBC " you will also get a mountain of things to read. This circuitous , inconsequential " argument " seems to be the sort of logic they teach you in British schools . Such a pity , such a shame.  Decent minds being decimated at a young age.  The fall of the British Empire is now complete !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.