Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-14 14:41:11 |Display all floors

Who said anyone's news or entertainment was partial?

It is a give and take.  Best you can do is muddle throught it all and come up with something you can work with.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 15:18:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by taikor at :19
It's been a long time I observed that the BBC is biased against China.

I like BBC. It gives balanced views. I'd trust BBC thousand times more than trust CCTV..
No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 21:32:08 |Display all floors
That explains why you are so stoooopid.

Originally posted by creepyspider at 2007-7-14 15:18

I like BBC. It gives balanced views. I'd trust BBC thousand times more than trust CCTV..

Even the British people don't trust the BBC.

Even the British government don't trust the BBC.

But you do.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 21:37:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 14-7-2007 01:32 PM
Even the British people don't trust the BBC.

Even the British government don't trust the BBC.

Wow, promoted to speaking for the entire British government and people now!!!!???

Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 22:40:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-14 21:37

Wow, promoted to speaking for the entire British government and people now!!!!???

Do I have to remind you of Greg Dyke and Andrew Gilligan?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 22:42:24 |Display all floors

Reply #12 changabula's post

Gone both of them, and we will never here from them again, maybe buried somewhere until the war smoke clears.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 00:02:13 |Display all floors
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070714/3/34s94.html

BBC boss tells staff to root out inaccuracies

LONDON (Reuters) - BBC boss Mark Thompson has ordered staff to root out inaccuracies after the public broadcaster was hit by two embarrassing blunders and had to apologize to Queen Elizabeth.
The British Broadcasting Corporation was fined 50,000 pounds this week after the results of a competition in the popular children's program Blue Peter were found to have been faked.

It then had to apologize for a promotional trailer which appeared to show Queen Elizabeth storming out of a photo shoot with American celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The BBC blamed a production company for sending it clips edited out of sequence which implied the monarch had lost her temper when asked to remove her crown.

Peter Fincham, the BBC One controller who presented the footage to journalists, said he had portrayed the events unaware that they gave a false impression. He said he has no intention of resigning.

After the double blunder, BBC Director General Thompson put out a memo to staff saying the corporation needed to "put its house in order."   

"We cannot allow even a small number of lapses, whether intentional or as a result of sloppiness, to undermine our reputation and the confidence of the public," he added.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.