Author: sky_net

Is Singapore considered a Chinese country? [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-11 10:17:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-7-11 05:16


Did Singapore  walk out or got "kicked" out by the Federation of Malaysia?

I read something on the net as follows:

Singapore became a self-governing state in 1959 with Yusof ...



LeeKY wanted to pullout out to favour "Malaysian Malaysia.....(chinese based)

but our Tunku Rahman al Haj says no way & broke his heart to give the blessings..................not too long after that May 13 became a tragedy....
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-12 00:19:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-7-11 10:17



LeeKY wanted to pullout out to favour "Malaysian Malaysia.....(chinese based)

but our Tunku Rahman al Haj says no way & broke his heart to give the blessings..................not  ...


Please refresh me ...what happened on May 13?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-12 10:11:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-7-12 00:19


Please refresh me ...what happened on May 13?



may13 '69 was black days after the elections........the defeated cld not take the the boo boos, the shown of tongues & signs, so there were bloodpath among the races..........&finally beloved Tunku had to step down....

so nowadays we nip things in the bud stage
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-12 23:26:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-7-12 10:11



may13 '69 was black days after the elections........the defeated cld not take the the boo boos, the shown of tongues & signs, so there were bloodpath among the races..........&finally ...


Thanks for the history lesson!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-13 13:39:35 |Display all floors

Reply #16 thunderbird's post

There are approximately 70 million to 80 million, ethnic chinese or mixed breed chinese outside mainland China and Hong Kong.

Appoximately 50% of that are "Banana people", and mostly located in English and French speaking states. (UK, Australia, Canada, France)
Most of these people are from the Guandong province.

Another 50% are "Adventurous Chinese", either assimilated (eg. Indonesia, Thailand and Phillpines) or remain "Rebels" like in Taiwan.
Most of these people are from the province of Fujien, Zhejiang, Teochews and Hakkas.


Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-13 13:41:19 |Display all floors

Reply #24 caringhk's post

Uncle Lee was a "little bit" too aggressive!
It made the Riau people fearful.

That was the problem!


Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2007-7-13 13:41:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-7-13 13:39
There are approximately 70 million to 80 million, ethnic chinese or mixed breed chinese outside mainland China and Hong Kong.

Appoximately 50% of that are "Banana people", and mostly l ...


u forgot hailam, hainanese
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.