Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:47:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:57:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-6-17 11:47
I notice you both voted "Yes, China should be happy with second best"

...which means you acknowledge the failure of your own society.

Actually I haven't voted on this poll. :)

Anyway, it's not like anything you say. I don't feel that we're on "High horses" or in "ivory towers.". The only thing you fail to see is that, the 'failed' democracy you mention, actually doesn't really fail. I just gave you an example of the power of the people through democracy in the Netherlands. I'm sure you know if medical care in China is free. (Remember that I've been talking to lots of Chinese people and I hear some of their grudges, that's just what I'm interpreting.)

Why do you so desperately want the West to fail? Isn't it better if all countries succeed and everybody will be happy?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 19:04:48 |Display all floors
schreiber,

This...

"However, it looks like most of your compatriots are equally guilty of this."

..not entirely true.  China doesn't go around telling people what to do with their own affairs, unless asked as advice.  I write no more on this so as not to hurt your feelings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 19:11:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 19:25:41 |Display all floors
Hehe, actually when I said "talking to lots of Chinese people" I actually meant Chinese people in China. I usually talk with people my age so we often talk about sports and stuff like that. But I also mail/chat with some older Chinese people, so that's what I base some of my thoughts on.

Of course I could be wrong and of course I know that it's not nice to hear negative things about your country. However, at some point you just have to let that feeling go, so you can have a clear judgement of things.

About taxes: Well it doesn't matter how the government ears their money, either through low wages for the people who work for the government, or through higher taxes with free health care included. I think it's really important to make sure that everyone can receive medical care, especially because of the extreme costs.

And sure it's been going awesome since 1976, but I can still have my own thoughts about some stuff, right? :) That's the beautiful thing about discussions, people can have different thoughts. The only thing that I don't like about the discussion here, is the way they don't fight the thoughts but the backgrounds of the people with those thoughts. Let's put it this way, what's the difference between an American and a Chinese saying 2+2=4. Do we have to disagree with 2+2=4 of the USA, because they are fighting in Iraq? That would be stupid, because 2+2=4. Should we disagree with the Chinese saying 2+2=4, because China used to be a tightly closed country? No, that would be stupid as well. Anyway, I hope you get what I'm trying to show. You should value people on their thoughts, not on their backgrounds.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.