Author: zglobal

Should China Use a Failed Democratic Model? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-17 16:39:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-6-17 16:00
Chang,

I already suggested that this is what China would do and is doing:

"China will democratize, it will create a democracy that is similar to others in some ways and different in othe ...

I think that you are looking at it from a narrow and simple point of view.

Countries don't do anything like what you suggest. They don't look at other countries and say: Lets see what we can copy from countries A, B and C.

Countries work out a system that works for themselves. They react to situations and events that are affect them and make the rules, laws and regulations to suit their people. After doing that for a long time they may call it "democracy", for example,  or one of the many other descriptions.

However, the subject as to wether there is a pure form of democracy (or any other) has been discussed on numerous threads. What we see in many so-called democratic nations is not the pure Athenian form of democracy.

Example: Why do you really say that America is democratic? Is it because of their constitution? Well what about the UK who does not have a constitution? What do you call them?

Anyway all these arguments have been gone over many times.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 17:21:01 |Display all floors

A Fool's Paradise

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 17:28:06 |Display all floors
Perhaps the tendency of the west is premised on their belief that one size fits all.  Having found their own solution, they think it works elsewhere too and duly labels it 'universal' without a second thought or any inkling as to whether it needn't be re-fashioned for a different setting, milieu even.

What's happening so far in the course of history is that the west has built matter advantage but is going downhill in mind, while the east has built mind advantage and is going uphill in matter.  

There is some asymmetry here which would explain the distress in some places, thereby pointing to a motive that is not entirely altruistic about fellow men of this planet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 17:55:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:19:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:25:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:35:17 |Display all floors
I totally agree with Schreiber.

He's also been explaining this is an orderly fashion, so I can't see what's bothering Chang, Zglobal and the likes.

Anyway, I'll keep on living in my "failed" democracy where there is no child labor, no slavery and everybody can go to the hospital for free.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.