Views: 11665|Replies: 21

Why do they always condemn China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-16 22:20:42 |Display all floors
I have been the listener of the BBC program for about one year .I listen to it everyday and it has became the integral part of my college life.But what makes me a little annoy is that I often hear some reports condemning  and even interfering in China's  policy .Maybe they think Chinese have fewer human rights than they do,but  it's not your business,China has its own way and means  to go and we do not hinder the way you go.

[ Last edited by avrilhu at 2007-6-17 02:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 03:37:59 |Display all floors
Do you think it's wrong if we're concerned about it?

I mean, everyone is complaining about other countries as well. I think it's pretty common for Western countries to look beyond their own borders. Sometimes European countries are concerned about stuff that happens in the Netherlands and I think it's good that other countries watch what happens in my country. The same thing happens when stuff in France, Germany or England goes wrong. Then the other countries will condemn that country for doing wrong things. It's a way to help eachother remain open and honest. Maybe it's different in Asia?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 06:16:20 |Display all floors

Reply #1 avrilhu's post

I think you might be too young to understand what human rights really mean to you. China is one of the members in this international community. What she does or says will virtually affect the other members (their life or business or politics, etc.). It is just like a big family in which every member has the very right to air his or her view, and every one is entitled to his or her opinions, which can be translated to what you wrote in your writing -----"Human rights" (well, part of it)

Got it? Freedom of speech, well, I hope so.

In other words, China has every right she deserves to do anything she likes, however, by the same token, the other members of the international community can have right to do and say whatever they like ALSO. We can't stop people from commenting on what we do. that is it, very simple!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-6-17 10:22:16 |Display all floors

What about something like this?

发信人: outlaw (once upon a time in law), 信区: Pictures
标 题: Re: [转载] 中央调查山西黑窑虐工案 XXXXXXXX
发信站: 南京大学小百合站 (Sun Jun 17 07:04:07 2007)

西方社会也会有奴隶存在的, 比较有名的是英国的东欧性奴, 问题在于怎么看

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 11:04:31 |Display all floors
People in the US are talk about other countries. China is one, France is another, Canada, Mexico, England (though The Netherlands seems to fly under the radar ... hmmm maybe we better put an eye on you! :)). People love to talk.  Sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Bad news always spreads faster than good news. If it bleeds, it leads.
Husband, father, farmer, logger, woodcutter, and rancher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 14:04:49 |Display all floors

Thank you for sharing your viewpoints!

I insist that they have rights to make comment on other countries issues,but what I'm  really worried about is the effects of the reports ,especially the bad one will cause some misunderstandings or even prejudice on the image of China.

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2007-6-17 14:14:05 |Display all floors

身正不怕影子歪

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.