Views: 6026|Replies: 20

Dating and/or marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-14 23:12:48 |Display all floors
Do you date to get married?
It seems for majority of chinese, one dates in order to get married, which I don't really understand.
For myself, they are 2 differents things, though can be linked, if everything is going well.
What's your opinion?
Peace and Love Bros and Sis / Make love not war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 23:28:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by adolaowai at 2007-6-14 23:12
Do you date to get married?
It seems for majority of chinese, one dates in order to get married, which I don't really understand.
For myself, they are 2 differents things, though can be linked, i ...

i guess it's because of different culture.absoultely,they are 2 different things,but  in tradtional chinese's opinion,they date in order to get married especailly when they are around/above 25.

As for me,I think date is ok,but  dont wanna push myself to get married just because of marriage.it's terrible and inresponsible,but if i find someone special and both of us feel good match in chemical and physical,why not getting married?
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 09:22:20 |Display all floors
what is your definition of date
two friends sit together chatting
i think there is big gap between chinese ans western date

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 09:39:49 |Display all floors
In China, a date is usually the initial meeting before marriage. Sometimes the two parties even don't know one another before the date

(blind date) which is arranged by someone else. That two people have a date doesn't mean that they will get married in the future.  

During the date, one party find he/she doesn't click well with the other party, then they may stop dating .

:)
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 10:25:29 |Display all floors
What is the benefit of speed dating? What do people want from a date? Is marriage the eventual objective? If not , what do people want from such a dating process?

Excerpt from :http://www.slowdating.com/WhatIsSpeedDating.aspx

What is Speed Dating?

More people understand Speed Dating these days. The benefits are now well known. Upon arrival at one of our Speed Dating events, you will be checked in and given a personalised badge with a number on it. We will wait for everyone to arrive and then your host will give a quick welcome speech to let you know what to expect. Once the dating part of the evening starts, those with badge number one will start at table number one, those with badge number two at table number two and so on. After four minutes, we will ring a bell, the girls will stay seated and all the guys will move round one table. Between each date we allow a little time for you to make your notes on your dates using your Speeding Ticket. The events will continue (with a fifteen minute half time break) until you have met everyone there.

With Speed dating, everyone is there to meet other people - just like you. You have just enough time with each person to decide whether or not you would like to see them again, and you only get put in contact with the people you want to meet who also want to meet you again - no more awkward phone calls and no having to avoid people you don't like.

If people want to meet others again...what do they want? Why do they want to see each other again?

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 10:26:23 |Display all floors
I am not sure whether both male and female in China believe in a 'date to marriage' thing, generally speaking.  
However, I've noticed that it often scares a guy away at the very beginning...

If dating a girl for the first time means that she is probably  thinking of wedding bells and honeymoon, that's really a 'wow' of pressure.
Jack's unbelievable lightness of magic beans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 10:30:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-6-15 10:25
What is the benefit of speed dating? What do people want from a date? Is marriage the eventual objective? If not , what do people want from such a dating process?

Excerpt from :[url]http://www.s ...

Speed dating is a totally different concept from a date-to-marriage thing.

Speeding dating is just another convinient way for people (esp office employees in modern city) to meet some opposite sex.

I don't think there are really many people thinking of speed-dating-to-marriage
Jack's unbelievable lightness of magic beans.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.