Author: macarthur_cn

How should we face the chinese marry Foreigners? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-11 10:26:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-6-10 06:17
Thread starter "macarthur_cn" signed onto the CD BBS, left a short question, and we may never hear from him (or her?) again.

I think it should be normal courtesy to at least explain yo ...

first,Macarthur_cn is a man,I started this thread because many chinese girls marry foreign guys but less foreign girls marry chinese guys.
as we know,the scale of chinese male and female is unbalanced,I think this kind of marriage makes the situation more serious.
second,I have less rejection for chinese girl marry the european or americal than marry  south east Asian   such as Japanese.
but I think that  marry  south east Asian  is more suitable because of the same culture.

that is my opinion

welcome to join this discussion

[ Last edited by macarthur_cn at 2007-6-11 01:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 12:17:46 |Display all floors

Really

Originally posted by macarthur_cn at 2007-6-11 10:26

first,Macarthur_cn is a man,I started this thread because many chinese girls marry foreign guys but less foreign girls marry chinese guys.
as we know,the scale of chinese male and female is unba ...

Well I am English and live in China and I have never met any Chinese girl who wants to marry a foreigner (well not me anyway), they all marry Chinese guys

There are some language rapists who try to get free English lessons from me but they would never leave their boy friends, certainly they would not want to marry me!

There is no shortage of girls for Chinese guys to marry in chengdu - many girls here are unmarried and in their 30s. It's just that Chinese guys are so fussy they all want to marry super girls, so many girls get left out.

The "problem" must be tiny, if it exists at all.

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 13:42:29 |Display all floors

pandamonium,I like this words

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"
yeah,sometime weakness is more strong than the strong itself.
the world is wonderful because there is no absoluteness
so we can conclude the death is not absolute.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 20:43:31 |Display all floors

Reply #20 ronglimeng's post

As a foreigner who is married to a Chinese, mostly both Chinese and Western friends treat my wife and I normally. I have a degree in Chinese and so I can understand what people are saying when they speak about me in Mandarin.  Although it is rare, there are some negative reactions from both Chinese and Westerners.  Chinese/ Western couples have the chance to promote understanding between cultures, as long as both partners respect and always seek to learn about the other's language and culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 09:43:56 |Display all floors

an evidence to support my opinion

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-06/14/content_893808.htm

[ Last edited by macarthur_cn at 2007-6-14 09:46 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 11:14:23 |Display all floors
treat it as normal one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 15:25:45 |Display all floors
SPARKLE*****
旅行的意义……

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.