Author: page_c

“厕所”改名了!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-9 13:59:22 |Display all floors
My my my! English toilets, English roads, English menus... When will Beijing introduce the red double decker bus and old-fashioned black taxis in its drive to 'standardize'? Maybe it could throw in a replica of Big Ben too!
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 16:59:56 |Display all floors
Come on!

Every chinese (no matter he speaks eng or not) understand what WC is but I think to know toilet it will take time.

Just imagine a foreigner (in a hurry) is asking chinese about W.C. and chinese doesn't know then

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 17:48:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2007-6-9 13:59
My my my! English toilets, English roads, English menus... When will Beijing introduce the red double decker bus and old-fashioned black taxis in its drive to 'standardize'? Maybe it could throw in ...

同感。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 22:10:39 |Display all floors
interesting!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 23:41:45 |Display all floors
Oh, and may I recomend a name change from 'Beijing' to 'Northtown'... or 'Northton', or maybe even 'Northburgh'. That way it will sound much less foreign to the foreign ear. I mean, oh my, could you imagine if they felt as if China had a different culture? How terrible that would be!

And perhaps we could rename the streets after British streets. And force all the restaurants to sell fish and chips. Again, just to not inconvenience the foreigners so much. And if there should be a picture of Chairman Mao anywhere, replace it with one of Sir Winston Churchill.

This way we should all feel right at homw in Bei... I mean... Northburgh.

Cheerio

P.S. Don't forget to ensure plenty of tea houses for tea time.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 23:49:57 |Display all floors
Oh, sorry, I forgot yet another detail if we want to create just the right ambience for the Beijing Olimpics. May I recomend inviting the British Royal family over? Along with red-coated honour-guard. They would certainly add a nice touch. I think the British Council and British embasy should be consulted on the matter pronto, just to ensure the right je ne sais quoi. That way we will establish the perfect London flavour to Beijing. And so all those people who'd always wanted to visit London but had not the money could then simply visit Beijing in 2008.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 23:52:25 |Display all floors
Oh, and mysuggest we get rid of all those pesty Chinese characters; they might cause people to think they're in Northburgh's Chinatown. Then they'll all get confused as they look for the city centre, not realizing they're there already.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.