Author: mable9223

China's image [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-7 00:11:43 |Display all floors
China actually did quite well in establishing a dialogue and mediation between North Korea and the US that helped diffuse the recent tension stemmed from North Korea's missile and nuclear testing.  

Similarly, China could play this type of role in the future in regions such as the middle east where US foreign policy is one sided.  Hopefully as China becomes more powerful it can bring more balance to the world politics.

Joey,

It's not how much the US spends on foreign aid, what you should ask yourself is where and what the foreign aid has been spent on.  You will find an overwhelming amount actually only went to one country.  Unfortunately, not a lot of countries in need actually get much of that aid.

[ Last edited by toksave at 2007-6-7 12:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 04:36:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by toksave at 2007-6-7 00:11
It's not how much the US spends on foreign aid, what you should ask yourself is where and what the foreign aid has been spent on.  

They give it with one hand but ...

take back about 100 x that amount in their trading practices.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 04:47:42 |Display all floors
What you forgot to mention is that the media in America is allowed to criticize the government and report both sides of the spectrum, not just what the US government tells them. That's in stark contrast to the China Daily or the People's Daily which is controlled by the state (Crazy Chinese People - CCP). There's no correlation between the two. The first ammendment in the US consititution gives us the right to freedom of speech, something the Chinese media and Chinese citizens don't enjoy unless they're expressing their anger towards foreign governments as exemplified in this forum. What might surprise a lot of you is that the vast majority of the media in America is run by liberals, not the Bush White House. Since the West's independent media have the freedom to report on any issue, we get a better view of global affairs than the Chinese do from their state-owned media outlets. I can get my news from the New York Times, LA Times, CNN, CBS, NBC, or any other free media outlet in Europe, Canada, Australia, etc. You don't even have access to the NY Times in China. What a shame. Why isn't the media in China allowed to report on corruption, riots in the countryside, or human rights abuses in Xinjiang or Tibet? What do you think would happen to the China Daily if it said that the CCP should stop threatening Taiwan? What's the government scared of? Think about it.

You can say whatever you want about the US's foreign policy, but I could turn it around and do the same to China with its support for Sudan, Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, and Zimbabwe. China is also selling sophisticated weapons to these dictatorships. I could also delve into China's clandestine operations, but there's no point since my post would be deleted.   

The US gives more aid to Africa than any other country in the world. Check out the stats. China, until recently, was a big recipient of a lot of this foreign aid.

In terms of PPP, as a lot of you like to mention, China's $45 - $105 billion budget is actually the equivalent of $450 billion in America. In other words, $45 billion can buy a lot more "bang" for your buck in China. In addition, China doesn't include arms purchases from Russia in its budget. However, this might to be a little too difficult for a lot of you to comprehend, especially zglobal who can't even spell the word "ridiculous," thus proving he's retarded.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 10:15:56 |Display all floors

The Taiwanese Nigerian Joey - Back to your pouch

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:08:18 |Display all floors
austrailans are dumb fu cks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:10:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:44:45 |Display all floors
yea..I totally agree the statement that American's politics are too aggressive ,offensive.personally.I dont really like America government.,or rather I hate it.but the Americans are ok..they just like us ordinary people.and some of them are suffering the sepertation due to the Iraq war..that's pretty hard for them
and what I want to say to America governemt is :mind your own business.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.