Author: ronglimeng

Have You Ever Seen a Rainbow in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-14 12:18:35 |Display all floors
I saw a  lot of rainbows when I was a kid.
It's really beautiful.   It's seems that I haven't seen it for a long time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 19:59:36 |Display all floors
Has anyone ever thought that maybe it's because we have all grown older and we think we have more important things to pursue in life that we hardly notice there is indeed a rainbow after the rain? I was walking with my young niece in the park one day and she pointed the rainbow to me. There was a rainbow right in front of me and I had to be told about it by a 4 year old.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 20:57:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jobs2007 at 2007-6-14 06:59
Has anyone ever thought that maybe it's because we have all grown older and we think we have more important things to pursue in life that we hardly notice there is indeed a rainbow after the rain?  ...

I think you're right that many of us stop seeing the wonders around us as we grow older.  Keeping our minds open and curious helps us to feel and look younger than our calendar age.  I'm glad you had the four year old with you to help you see.

Unfortunately, I also think that another reason for seeing fewer rainbows is the air pollution that wraps many cities in gray-brown blankets of smoggy haze.  The most intense rainbows I have seen recently have been in areas with very clean air.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 19:09:43 |Display all floors
actually I've seen rainbows a lot of times in my hometown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-17 18:28:16 |Display all floors
Hehe, It is not  strange for me to see a rainbow when I am a child and lived in my hometown. But now I have not seen it again for years. It remind me of my beautiful hometown. Not only rainbows but also the colorful clouds in dusk. In that time, I was so tired after hours wroking in the field, but when I saw the clouds when I past by the top of the hill I refreshed.  It is a joy to see the clouds everyday. But till now, I have never seen so beautiful clouds after I left my hometown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-11 23:26:39 |Display all floors

rainbow in tibetan plateau

:)
100_0690.jpg
100_0702.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-8-20 09:46:47 |Display all floors

Lotsa of Rainbows in Harbin

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.