Views: 17887|Replies: 34

Have You Ever Seen a Rainbow in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-3 19:55:49 |Display all floors
People here in Canada usually show some small excitement when they see a rainbow, but our Chinese visitors have aways been really excited to see one.

When my parents-in-law arrived  from Shanghai, when my mother-in-law saw a rainbow, she said it was the first one that she had seen in over 20 years.

Later we had some friends visiting from Shanghai. We saw a rainbow on a short sightseeing trip to Quebec. Everyone was excited and considered it one of the highlights of a day filled with many interesting sights.

Is it just difficult to see a rainbow in Shanghai or are they unusual elsewhere in China too?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-3 19:59:51 |Display all floors
I used to see it all the time in my hometown when i was a kid, in the summer, after the daily afternoon storm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-3 20:26:47 |Display all floors

have i ever seen the rainbow...

i have seen it few times when i was in shilong, dongguan 'bout a month ago...and i think it's cuz the sky there are not too clear or never cleared blue sky...ozone layer effects.  i saw many rainbows in vietnam & florida but hardly see any in NYC lately eventhough we have lots of rains here.
scenic-rainbow_3661.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 11:02:48 |Display all floors

Dali in Yunnan

has many rainbows

I miss that
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 21:00:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-6-3 19:55
People here in Canada usually show some small excitement when they see a rainbow, but our Chinese visitors have aways been really excited to see one.

When my parents-in-law arrived  from Shangha ...

the first floor must be a uptown children,
in village ,we can see rainbown each summer!
my msn:clint_cheng@hotmail.com
and welcome to exchange our mind between uptown girl and village boy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 21:40:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-6-4 11:02
has many rainbows

I miss that

OH YEAH I'M GOING THERE THIS SUMMER!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-5 12:44:04 |Display all floors
I was in Shanghai in November, and I saw a rainbow on a very overcast day there. It was huge, though not overly colourful.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.