Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-15 09:31:17 |Display all floors
Friday, June 15, 2007 Sunny
Hantian-
Thank you for opinion. What you typed makes me thinking all the time. From the bottom of my heart, I hope that my readers will enjoy my diary rather than waste their time, but maybe the result is contrary because of the limit of my knowledge. I feel sorry. I must improve my writing quickly.

In fact, I want to describe many things in detail like the driving schoolyard, my grandma’s kaleyard, but I feel it difficult. Sometimes I even can not express myself well. So I must practice more according to what you said.  

To tell you the truth, the reason why I dare write diaries here is that I want to be eyed every day so that I can not skive and have to persevere. I’ve realized what I lack is perseverance which is the most important element in language studying. I’ve studied English discontinuously for many years, which made me gain a little knowledge and lose a lot of time. I must absorb this lesson. Another lesson I must absorb is that I’ve never studied English heart and soul. It’s said that language must be learned in a relatively fixed time with great efforts. For example, people who spend 4 hours on it every day for one month can study much better than those who spend total 120 hours on it in a year. My last lesson is that I’ve seldom used it, especially in speaking and writing while language studying needs much practice. Practice makes perfect.

In a word, what I’m thirsty to do now is immerse myself totally in English, listening, speaking, reading and writing. This is what I come here for.

By the way, thank you all for sparing me your precious time to read my diary. If you can point out my mistakes, I will be deeply appreciative.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-15 15:11:05 |Display all floors
Hi Holly,  it sounds very nice. In fact people here in this forum have learned alot from your diary everyday I am sure. BTW, have you noticed a trend ?--i.e. alot of readers there are in this forum in quantity, but  they are inactive to talk.  You are a brave one and give us your ideas, and call a spade a spade, some of them have made a lasting imprssion on me. Here I would salute you and say: " Yes, Madam! I enjoy  your diary!!!" :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-18 19:51:25 |Display all floors
Seeing you have written so many diaries, I admired you so much. I have ever determined to insist on doing sth, but none of them can last more than one week, you have been a mother, and undoubtedly you have lots of housework to do, even then you can sandwich it in, you are the contemporary LuXun. You are a good model of your daughter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-18 22:25:43 |Display all floors

Reply #21 holly666's post

Monday, June 18, 2007 Cloudy and sunny
I'm sorry I'm late today. I'm trapped in the auto part store all day long. It's so terrible to deal with bus accidents with the insurance company.

Last Friday evening, while my husband drove home, the road out of our neighbourhood was crowded full as usual. Another new traffic lights make it more difficult for the drivers to move forward. Every time they  move a little forward they have to stop. It's so slow that every driver must be very attentive. Otherwise, they will crash into others. The young fellow who drove behind my hubby was the sacrifice of the heavy traffic. His car rear-ended my hubby’s car, making my hubby’s car rear-end the front one. That’s terrible. We couldn’t go back home before our house. After the police finished dealing with it, it’s 11:00 p.m. What’s more terrible was the next rear-end collision. While the woman driver was curious about our cars stopping along the road, her car rear-ended the front taxi. The unfortunate taxi driver would spend two or three days repairing his car without earning any money.

I’m also unfortunate. Because my hubby went on business on Saturday, I have to repair the car instead of him. The complex process made us waste a whole day. That’s the most terrible thing.

So here is my advice: do drive attentively, never too fast for the sake of you, your family and others.

icyeyes, thank you for your praise. I'll try to write better.

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2007-6-20 02:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-19 19:29:52 |Display all floors
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 Cloudy
Just now I was frightened to wake up from a nap. I dreamed of parting with my daughter. I still feel very sad now. Many things appear in my mind’s eye just like a vivid film.

When I was pregnant, I thought I would give him/her much space for him/her to grow up, let him/her have a free and pleasant childhood and treat him/her equally as a friend, not like our parents treating us, though I didn’t know how to be a mother. Since she was born, I’ve tried to do as I thought. I tended her carefully and scientifically according to a Japanese nursing book which is very helpful. As a result, she grew healthy and active, and seldom became ill.

At that time around where I worked are mountains covered with green trees all the year round and rivers which are clean and shallow. It’s very nice for children to have fun. I used to accompany her to play outside as long as she wanted. In winter we often climbed the hills, and flew kites. In summer we usually swam in the small river, so she could swim at 3. Most time I let her play alone or with her little friends to her heart’s content. I seldom limited her to the house and forced her to study as most mothers do at present On the other hand, I taught her to bathe herself, wash dishes and do everything she could before primary school. Since ten, she could wash clothes for all of us with washing machines. Now she has grown up to be a kind, mild, thrifty, outgoing girl. She is welcome wherever she goes. What eases my mind is that I needn’t worry about her living. I’m sure she can take care of herself if she leaves me.

I remember I’ve never whiped her, but I’m strict with her. Sometimes I scold her for her fault (in my eyes). Once she said, “Mom, your voice was so loud that I was frightened.” That surprised me. I’ve never expected that. I’m meditating. What a poor child. She has suffered so in the past years. I can’t imagine how I scared her when she was a little child. I regret so much that I promise not to scold her any more. Why can’t I have a talk with her quietly when she makes mistakes. Am I always right or is she always wrong? I don’t think so.

As we all know, there’s no school to teach us how to be parents. We can only learn by ourselves from practice. Once there’s a common saying: Learn from children. I think it’s sort of right. I’ve realized it. It’s not late.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 09:44:29 |Display all floors
Wenesday, June 20, 2007 Cloudy
Looking back to the life in the past, I find I've learned a lot from my daughter. Like mother, like daughter. I'm thrifty, so is my daughter. When she was about 3, she knew how to save. One day when a guest of mine used the bath room, she told her how to save water. That made me moved. She also has my temper. Sometimes when she is angry, she will stare at me or refuse to speak to me. This results from me. I remember I used to lose temper and shout at her when she made me angry. Seldom had I listen to her even though she was right. Then compared to me, an adult, she was small and weak. She was afraid of me. So she was frihghtened as she told me later. She would speak to me first warily. As she grows bigger, she knows more. She followes me. Though she dare not shout at me, she has right to keep silent. It's really an eye for eye, a tooth for tooth.

Though I thought I would be friend of my child from the beginning, I haven't done well because of my own character. I haven't treated her as equally as I have treated myself. I feel sorry. From now on I will learn to listen to her, to talk with her in a friendly way and try to learn what she is thinking of. I hope we will have a new relationship and both of us will grow understanding.

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2007-6-20 05:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 19:05:59 |Display all floors
May I ask how old is your daughter.You love each other much deeply according to you description.Of course,You should learn much more to bring up your girl and it is the most  significative as a mother.I believe that you will be a great mother and have a successful girl in future.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.